The Riverside Foundation is seeking a dynamic Annual Giving Officer to join our team!
Job Summary: The Annual Giving Officer is an integral member of the Philanthropy Team of Riverside Health System and is responsible for building the pipeline of donors in the Annual Giving Program in support of an overall $3.1 million goal and identifying major gift prospects for Major Gift Officers. The Annual Giving Officer's primary responsibility is the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive grateful patient and annual giving program, including the coordination and oversight of supporting initiatives in the areas of development and donor relations. The Annual Giving Officer develops a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies involving email, direct mail, phone/mail, personal visitation and volunteer engagement, all focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support. He/she will perform data analysis related to all aspects of the annual fund program; use statistics to evaluate current programs and make recommendations for program changes; plan, develop and monitor annual giving budget to support the strategy; and ensure maximum cost-benefit ratio is achieved. The officer has a keen appreciation for the foundation of annual giving as the enabling component of successful major and planned giving programs. The officer provides strategic direction and long-range/short-range planning for all areas in the context of growing the annual giving program while supporting the greater development and campaign goals of Riverside Health System. The officer is responsible for ensuring that the health system is a leader among peers as measured externally in terms of total dollars, percentage participation, consistency of giving and average gift size and internally in terms of clean data, ease of access to data and timely donor stewardship. The officer will remain up-to-date on current fund raising, direct marketing programs and procedures being used in the non-profit sector as well as current tax law affecting annual charitable giving. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Key Initiatives Include:
- Determine annual giving goals and build strategic and tactical plans for achieving these goals. Focus on effective communication and solicitation activities within specific focus areas and regions identified as having potential for the greatest growth.
- Formulate and execute a communications plan supporting annual giving in coordination with Marketing, Strategy and Development.
- Coordinate annual giving with Riverside team members and other specialty constituents. Work effectively with major gift officers to gain strong participation in annual giving in all regions.
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Experience: Three years of fund raising and/or related experience is required (e.g. Marketing, Business Development).
- Ability to work cooperatively to achieve common goals; support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information while providing the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality, in all areas of responsibility.
- Ability to provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Understanding of database management, gift processing and donor relations.
- Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Ability to listen carefully to and understand customers' needs, both internally and externally, and proactively respond to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Demonstrated analytical and skills with the ability to recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.