AWS Cloud Migration Engineer
Job Title: AWS Cloud Migration Engineer
Location: McLean, VA, 22106, USA
Description: 1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
AWS Cloud Migration Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
We are looking for an AWS Engineer to work closely with our application teams in supporting application migrations into AWS. We want you to bring your creative ideas from every facet of information technology and computer science, including information exchange, transfer and retrieval, security, interface and system design in order to help us migrate our applications in an efficient manner. Part of this role is to help guide / educate the application teams about the efficiencies of cloud concepts while setting them up with the necessary components to own manage their application moving forward.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years experience in software development
- At least 1 year experience designing, implementing, monitoring and maintaining CI/CD solutions in AWS environments
- At least 1 year experience with CI servers such as Jenkins
- At least 1 year experience with Linux (CentOS, Red Hat, Ubuntu, AWS)
- At least 1 year experience with AWS DevOps tools, technologies and APIs associated with IAM, CloudFormation, AMIs, SNS, EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, Security Groups, etc.
- At least 1 year experience automating the build and deployment of AWS infrastructure and platforms using Chef and/or similar tools
- Masters Degree - 6+ years experience in software development
- 5+ years experience in Agile practices
- 1 year experience supporting application operations and maintenance
- 1 year experience with Agile methodologies and practices
- 1 year experience with Test-Driven Development or Behavior-Driven Development
- 1 year experience supporting microservice architectures
- 1 years experience with containers such as Docker or LXC
_At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position._
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.