BI Platform Data Engineer
Job Title: BI Platform Data Engineer
Location: Vienna, VA, 22180, USA
Description: Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
BI Platform Data Engineer
We are actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Technology Professionals who are passionate about engineering leading-edge business intelligence, visual analytics and data technologies to join our team (#ilovedata)! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in building large-scale reliable data applications and platforms to impact the way that Capital One does business. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight millions of customers!
As a Capital One Platform Data Engineer you will be working to support current analytics platforms while engineering new environments to support business intelligence and visual analytics in the cloud. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: SAP Business Objects, Birst, Qlik, D3, Tableau and other analytics tools all in a Big Data and Cloud environment. You will be engineering the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems and administering these systems, but not creating the reports or dashboards that will be products of these systems.
- Lead delivery of new BI and Visual Analytics Platforms while supporting existing technologies
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of analytical systems, and determine priority of needs.
- Works under broad direction. Is fully accountable for own technical work and/or project/supervisory responsibilities. Receives assignments in the form of objectives. Establishes own milestones and team objectives. Work is often self-initiated.
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, compliance, and HR.
- Analyze, define, design and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
- Develop, test, implement and document technical engineering solutions to assist business partner’s self-service their analytic needs
- Advise on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to Business Intelligence, Data Analytics and Data Science and can make correct choices from alternatives.
- Understand big data as well as cloud based data technologies and applications. Able to engineer solutions for the business to effectively utilize these data solutions while minimizing impact to system performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years of experience administering and supporting a relevant business intelligence environment or combination of SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Birst, or Qlik
- At least 2 years of experience with system scripting or query writing
- At least 2 years of experience working with diverse data sources, including both structured and unstructured data (#ilovedata)
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile methodologies
- At least 2 years’ experience with Windows Server or Linux server administration
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or equivalent
- 2+ years designing and implementing Cloud Services
- 2+ years’ experience operating and managing environments in AWS Cloud.
- 2+ years of experience in object oriented programming languages such as Python and Java
- 2+ years of experience with Hadoop and other Big Data Technologies #bigdata
- 2+ years of experience with advanced analytics technologies
- 2+ years of SAP Business Intelligence Platform, Tableau, QlikView or BI Security User administration certifications
**At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.**
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.