Data Analysis Manager
Job Title: Data Analysis Manager
Location: Glen Allen, VA, 23060, USA
Description: East Shore 1 (12016), United States of America, Glen Allen, Virginia
Data Analysis Manager
**Data Analysis Manager**
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we were a tiny startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and that little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
Twenty-five years after Capital One was started it’s still led by its founder. Be ready to join a community of the smartest people you’ve ever met, who put the customer first, and want to use their data skills to make a difference.
The Global Finance Data Management team within the Corporate Planning Group is seeking a strong candidate to fill a Manager level position to lead the usage compliance effort related to Global Finance’s 250+ high priority reports, models and critical business processes. This role will be responsible for leading several team members handling both development and "business as usual" work. Overall, GFDM is a team of about 10 data analysts and on and off-shore contractors that support customers across Global Finance with various data management needs.
This role requires a well-rounded analyst and preferably seasoned manager who can develop and deliver data solutions to support diverse business needs, lead and develop junior data analysts, generate insights, apply creative problem-solving skills, proactively shape and drive agendas forward. This individual should be comfortable with customer, financial and operational data, have a proven track-record for project design, support and delivery, possess technical expertise within a data environment, and have the leadership skills to influence outcomes. The ideal candidate should also be comfortable guiding direct and indirect team members as well as consulting with business colleagues.
- Drive current and future strategy by leveraging your analytical skills
- Experience working with data in new and evolving environments
- Be a part of growing and developing our brand in new and emerging markets
- Leverage analytics to create a customer experience above our peers
- Lead a team of talented junior analysts on an exciting professional journey while mentoring them and elevating their careers
- Be a part of the full life cycle of projects and see end results
- Collaborate across business units
- Work with top talent in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where analytics and good data are a top priority
- Experience real work life balance, with little travel involved
**Responsibilities may include:**
- Identify and implement process, data, and reporting improvements for the organization
- Work with large and complex databases containing millions to billions of records
- Improve operational efficiencies and effectiveness
- Conduct analysis to evaluate processes and tests
- Extract and analyze data to gauge product offerings
- Consult on the design and implementation of new production and data storage systems
- Determine and collect the departmental data needed to monitor and evaluate operations
- Manage up to 5 people
An ideal candidate will possess strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities in addition to communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. This position will be in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you will be handling multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 4 years of professional data analysis work experience
- At least 2 years of programming experience
- At least 1 year of experience in people management
- Master’s Degree
- 7+ years of professional data analysis work experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 1+ years of project management experience
- 3 + years of experience in SQL
- 1+ years of experience with Python
- 1+ years of experience in Java
**Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.**
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.