Data Analyst Intern - University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- Financial Services
- Banking/Financial Services
Job Title: Data Analyst Intern - University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
Location: Richmond, VA, 23261, USA
Description: West Creek 7 (12077), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Our interns are involved with some of Capital One’s most critical business decisions, and they work with the best and brightest in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. As a Data Analyst intern, your goal is to solve complex data problems that enable insights into customer behavior and operational performance. With the explosion of data that’s available for making business decisions, you’ll find yourself in a critical role at the intersection of business strategy and technology. To succeed requires rigorous logical thinking, adaptability, and exceptional teamwork.
Excel in the Analyst Internship Program, and you’ll see what it takes to build an immensely rewarding career with Capital One. Interns are a full-fledged member of the team—engaged from day one through structured training, a diverse set of experiences, a network of peers across the company, and leadership opportunities. The program is designed to provide exposure to real, complex operational projects, executive speakers, team building activities, and associate presentations and discussions.
Ideal candidates are top-performing students who excel at analytic problem solving, desire a technical aspect to their role, and want immediate integration into major corporate initiatives. They’re motivated to develop a deep understanding of data, programming, business insights, and technical skills that are required to harness the power of our extensive data warehouses and execute Capital One’s information-based strategy. They want to work with highly intelligent peers and business leaders in a vibrant, collaborative environment, and develop the skills required to excel.
What You Can Expect
- Training and Development - Hone your analytical, quantitative skills and soft skills through our award-winning Capital One University.
- Executive Speakers – Learn from our senior executives as they share their history and vision and offer guidance as you start your career.
- Team Building Activities – Develop relationships with intern peers, associates and executives at planned social events throughout the summer.
- Associate Presentations and Discussions – Hear from current associates as they discuss their projects, roles and how to be successful within a premier financial services organization.
As a part of the Analyst Internship Program, your projects may include:
- Using data mining techniques to identify fraud rings
- Testing the effectiveness of our marketing channels
- Building the data foundation for Capital One’s digital agenda
- Optimizing bank ATM placement through advanced data exploration
- Seamlessly integrating data from multiple sources and platforms to generate customer insight
- Diving into new data sources to enhance models
- Researching web activities to drive enhancements to customer engagement sites
- Current student or alumni of University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2017 and August 2018
- In process of obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a quantitative major, including business, economics, mathematics, finance, or engineering
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
This is a paid internship.
**At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.**
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Data Analyst Jobs
- View more Financial Services Jobs
- View more Marketing Jobs
- View more Advertising/Marketing/Media Jobs
- View more Banking/Financial Services Jobs
- View more Computers/IT/Technology Jobs
- View more Part-time/Seasonal Jobs
- View more Recreation/Sports Jobs
- View more Capital One Jobs
View More Jobs in Richmond, VA:
- View more jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Data Analyst jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Financial Services jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Marketing jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Advertising/Marketing/Media jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Banking/Financial Services jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Computers/IT/Technology jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Part-time/Seasonal jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Recreation/Sports jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Capital One jobs in Richmond, Virginia
View More Jobs in VA:
- View more jobs in Virginia
- Data Analyst jobs in Virginia
- Financial Services jobs in Virginia
- Marketing jobs in Virginia
- Advertising/Marketing/Media jobs in Virginia
- Banking/Financial Services jobs in Virginia
- Computers/IT/Technology jobs in Virginia
- Part-time/Seasonal jobs in Virginia
- Recreation/Sports jobs in Virginia
- Capital One jobs in Virginia