Data Science Intern - Paid
- Category: Research, Strategy - Planning
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Intern
Data Science Intern - Paid
Homes.com, a leading online real estate platform, is in search of a Data Science Intern at its Norfolk, Virginia location. The role will apply analytic rigor to support business intelligence reporting, predictive models, and strategic analyses. The successful candidate will possess strong academic abilities in mathematics, statistics, and computer science, excellent problem solving skills, and a curiosity for discovering data insights.
- Analyze economic and time-series data leading to the creation of accurate forecasts
- Create tools to improve access and confidence in data so that internal users can make data-driven decisions
- Collaborate with Sales, Search, and Technology divisions to support the development of new products and to identify improvements to systems design
- Perform ad hoc analysis
- Learn agile and product management tools by conducting projects under the agile board and sprint planning
As one of the nation’s top online real estate destinations, Homes.com inspires consumers to dream big. From affordable houses to luxurious estates, condos, apartment rentals and more, Homes.com features close to 3 million homes for sale or for rent in a user-friendly format, making finding your next home easy. Visitors to the Homes.com blog will find a collection of rich information and posts on DIY projects, painting, organization tips and more, providing the ultimate resource for everything home related. From finding your first apartment to buying your first home, upgrading, downsizing and everything in between, Homes.com is an inspiring and engaging partner in every phase of the home buying or renting process. Visit Homes.com and download the Homes.com Mobile App, Rentals Mobile App, or Mortgage Calculator to assist in your home search. For home decor tips and more, check out Blog.Homes.com.
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university degree program pursuing a BS/BA/MS/MBA/PhD in STEM or a quantitative field
- Analytics, Computer Science, Data Operations Research, Economics, Engineering, Management Science, Mathematics, Physics, Science, Statistics, or similar discipline.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Experience writing code in R or Python
- Passionate about data analysis and technology supporting this field
- Experience or willingness to learn SQL and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in a complex, fast-paced environment while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for big data, machine learning, statistics and translating data into actionable insights
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to tackle complex problems with great initiative independently and as a member of small teams
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Machine Learning Algorithms, such as Boosting, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Bayes Classifiers, Ensembles, etc.
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.