Developer/Systems Integration Engineer (#00623)
OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY
Information Technology Services (ITS) at Old Dominion University is seeking a full time Developer/Systems Integration Engineer to provide software development and systems integration support for CTI systems, developing seamless integrations between diverse systems to simplify and automate the sharing of data, business processes and system monitoring, primarily using enterprise application integration (EAI) middleware framework, technologies and services.
Required qualifications include:
• Thorough knowledge of database concepts and designs such as functions, procedures and views.
• Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures for integrating systems and applications using technologies and services such as SOAP based web service, REST API, API/web services and XML.
• Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures for the support of Windows and Linux based systems.
• Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures for system and application administration.
• Basic knowledge of networking protocols and concepts such as TCP, UDP, ARP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, subnetting, ACLs and firewalls.
• Ability and willingness to learn and work with new leading edge technologies with minimal assistance or limited to no prior knowledge.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to plan work and set priorities.
Preferred qualifications include:
• Experience administering enterprise applications such as Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Skype for Business, SharePoint, Google Apps, Cisco UCM, WebEx, Box or other similar enterprise Unified Communications and Collaboration solutions.
• Experience administrating and integrating connected and smart devices such as IP cameras, Electronic Access Control, System Automation and Point-of-Sale systems, to facilitate communications between these devices and computer-based systems improving efficiencies and automation.
Two positions will be filled from this recruitment. Position is open until filled. To review required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position and to submit an application, please visit http://jobs.odu.edu/postings/5152. AA/EOE
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Systems Developer Jobs
- View more Computers/IT/Technology Jobs
- View more OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY Jobs