Director, Enterprise Architecture
Job Title: Director, Enterprise Architecture
Location: McLean, VA, 22106, USA
Description: 1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director, Enterprise Architecture
We are seeking an Enterprise Architecture leader who will define the target architecture and own the solutions roadmap for our enterprise data management function. In this role, you will influence enterprise-level priorities and provide architecture direction to our engineering teams developing cutting edge data management solutions for metadata, data quality, data lineage, data governance, and reference data. You will communicate with directors and executives, mentor technical staff and partner with innovative technology vendors.
• Steer our Enterprise Data Management strategic direction in partnership with senior leadership from the Enterprise Data Council
• Build and maintain target architectures in alignment with business and technology objectives
• Research and publish implementable data architecture patterns and solutions by indulging in hands-on development and prototyping
• Provide technical leadership to product development teams working on complex data intensive problems, basing their solution architectures on industry best practices and software techniques
• Build excitement and passion for Capital One's architecture agenda through a variety of methods: internal/external blogs, demos, prototyping, conferences, meetups, university presentations, etc.
• Cultivate relationships across the data technology industry to maintain market knowledge of industry, products and competitive landscape
**Your experience probably includes most of these:**
• Extensive experience and domain knowledge in the areas of metadata, data quality, data governance, data lineage, and reference data
• Product development of metadata, data quality, or data governance solutions
• Deep hands-on expertise in big data, fast data and public cloud technologies for relational, non-relational and streaming data
• Professional experience in architecting, designing and developing open source or commercial software of enterprise scale
• Leader of data transformation efforts from legacy to new and alternative technologies
• Talent magnet with active involvement in technical recruiting
• You strive to unleash the power of data by making accurate and complete information accessible and available to masses of users.
• You are passionate about finding refined solutions to complex design challenges.
• You use your coding expertise as a way to turn your ideas into tangible solutions and a vehicle for you to prove your point.
• You yearn to be a part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule.
• You love being associated with teams of highly talented data technologists and helping others build their skills and achieve their career goals.
• Humor and fun are a natural part of who you are.
• You are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
• Bachelor’s degree or military experience
• At least 10 years of IT experience
• At least 8 years of combined experience architecting and delivering the following enterprise data solutions: data warehouses, operational data stores, business intelligence, ETL, master data management
• At least 5 years of combined experience with data management and data governance practices
• At least 5 years of software delivery experience
• Master’s degree in computer science, or Master’s degree in engineering, or Master’s degree in management of information systems
• 3+ years in Financial Services/Card industry
• 3+ years leading software or data engineering teams
• 3+ years operating in agile software development
• 2+ years of experience with reference data management and master data management
• 2+ years of experience in a technology evangelism role
• 2+ years of hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, S3, EMR)
• Hands-on experience with one or more commercial data management tools such as Informatica Data Quality, Ab Initio Metadata Hub, Collibra, ASG-Rochade, Adaptive, ERwin, ER/Studio
• 3+ years of experience with various tools and frameworks of the big data ecosystem across both open source and commercial distributions (MapReduce, Spark, YARN, Pig, Hive, HBase, Kafka)
• Working knowledge of open source data and access management solutions such as Hive Metastore, Apache Sentry, Apache Ranger, Apache Falcon
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.