Director Registry Operations
- Category: Business Development
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
Dominion Powersports Solutions invites you to experience a revolution in powersports. DX1, a complete dealership business platform, provides an end-to-end solution supporting accounting, sales transactions, online marketing and customer development. DX1 is designed to improve dealership efficiencies while growing your sales and maximizing profitability. Experience the Power of ONE today.
If you’re looking for an opportunity that gets you in on the ground floor of an exciting new venture, provides exposure to multiple businesses within the company, and allows you to contribute, learn and grow, then this may be for you!
Dominion Domains, a division of Dominion Enterprises, seeks a successful individual to lead registry operations. Dominion Enterprises is a leading marketing services company delivering the wide-ranging solutions to many industries including real estate, automotive, specialty vehicles, and marine. In 2012, Dominion made the strategic decision to invest in a new area of growth – the Top Level Domain (TLD) space. Dominion applied for and secured a portfolio of new TLDs that includes .Autos, .Homes, and .Motorcycles.
A TLD is the extension after the dot in a domain, e.g., .Com or .Net. As the registry operator, we are the wholesaler of domain names within these top level domains. The Director of Registry Operations is primarily responsible for ensuring that domain name sales to our retail channel is efficient and that we are compliant with ICANN policies. This includes managing all aspects of product delivery including ICANN compliance, vendor management, and registrar relationships.
This is a full time position and is conveniently located in the downtown Norfolk area. If this resonates with you, please apply!
- Ensure compliance with all ICANN policies regarding registry operations.
- Manage and enhance registrant verification and audit processes to ensure that our TLD policies are effectively enforced.
- Facilitate effective relationships with internal and external retail partners to drive sales of our domain name products.
- Manage third party vendors including registry service provider, verification agent, data escrow service, and ICANN.
- Administer RFPs as necessary to source highest quality services at lowest cost.
- Evaluate and launch new domain name products and services that contribute to revenue growth of the division.
- Ensure accurate and effective management of reserve and premium name lists to maximize domain name sales volume and revenue.
- Effectively manage registry expenses.
- Collect and report key metrics to effectively manage operations.
- Must be detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Successful project management track record.
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced data functions.
- Intermediate level database knowledge including the capability to write queries is desired.
- Experience defining and documenting product requirements.
- Knowledge of the domain name industry is helpful, but not required.
- Proven track record of effectively managing third party vendors.
- Ability to successfully prioritize a large number of demands from various stakeholders.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Some travel is required.
- Bachelor's degree in business or science discipline.
- This job is located at Dominion Enterprises’ headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.