Hampton Roads Transit
Position: Electronic Technician
Department: Technical Services/Fleet Support Services
Reports To: Supervisor of Fleet Support Services
Salary Range: $36,551 -$45,689
Performs a variety of technical work associated with the installation and removal, preventative maintenance, programming, troubleshooting, and repairing of Advance Communications Systems on the buses, central and non-central dispatch systems, digital and analog radio repeaters, two-way digital and analog mobile/portable radios, fare collection equipment, ticket vending machines, call boxes, Wi-Fi internet access, and digital camera systems on the light rail vehicles, ferries and buses. Must have knowledge of Hampton Roads bus and ferry routes and the ability to troubleshoot and repair on site.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operates, tests and repairs equipment as required.
- Identifies equipment problems and repairs ACS two-way radios, digital cameras, electronic fare boxes, ticket vendor machines, Wi-Fi, and other revenue collection equipment using oscilloscope, communications service monitor, wattmeter, multimeter, electronic test benches, soldering tools, air compressor and air drill.
- Installs, removes, troubleshoots, and repairs mobile bins, vaults, receivers, and call boxes on all HRT properties as required.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Ability to read electronic schematics and instructions for diagnosing, repairing, installing and removing electronic fare collection equipment, radios, and digital cameras. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is required. Basic problem solving skills associated with software applications is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
MS Windows and MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook), Spear and PeopleSoft.
Training and/or Education:
Possession of a high school diploma or GED certificate and completion of a radio technician program supplemented by training on repair techniques and component repair program/certification
Two years of experience in repair and maintenance of electrical and electronic equipment.
Licenses or Certificates:
VA Driver’s License
Ability to pass DOT physical examination.
Work involves lifting safes, fareboxes and similar equipment and standing or sitting in one position for long periods to repair fareboxes. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
On-call as assigned. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electronics Technician Jobs
- View more General/Other Jobs
- View more Hampton Roads Transit Jobs