Riverside Health System, located in Newport News, Virginia, is seeking to hire Full-time Epic Application Analyst(s). We're looking for team members with clinical and service expertise to support modules in our new EHR and revenue management system (iCare). We are looking for certified candidates, preferably with Epic Cadence (Scheduling) and/or Referrals background to support our build. If you have other certifications, we encourage you to apply for consideration for this position or others that may become available. If you already work for RHS and you are selected to be part of this team, Riverside will provide the training and education to become Epic certified.
· Coordinates all issues that arise during the project for their respective application, and must be knowledgeable about RHS policies, procedures and business operations
· Works closely with other Epic application analysts, project managers, trainers to translate clinical and business needs into EMR functionality in a manner consistent with project timelines and budgets.
· Participates as part of a team in system configuration, on-going maintenance / process improvement, change documentation, and training staff on application functionality.
· Works independently in completing project task as part of the project implementation, including building / testing of system components, documentation of workflows, building of data sets, master files and reports, performs quality assurance and integrated testing on new releases / upgrades.
· Develops report specifications and works closely with report writers to ensure operational and regulatory reporting needs are met including reports necessary to comply with Federal and Regulatory requirements (Meaningful Use, CMS Sore Measures, etc.)
Bachelor's Degree required or 8+ years of progressive healthcare experience. Program of study in Health Care Administration, Clinical Information Systems. Informatics, Information Technology or Sciences; RN, RRT, RPH, ARNP, PA, CPA. Relevant healthcare (hospital/medical center/integrated delivery system) experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
Relevant Epic Certification(s) to be obtained. Completion required as defined in Epic Implementation Timeline. Existing Epic Certification(s) in relevant application preferred.
· Must have 3 years of experience in progressive healthcare industry preferably in an integrated delivery network in clinical care, operations or IT system support.
· Prefer 3 years of clinical experience in one or more of the following areas: OR, Anesthesia, Emergency, Pharmacy, Oncology, OB/GYN, or IT experience in CPOE, Clinical Documentation OR healthcare operations experience such as billing, scheduling, access services, health information management (HIM) or in-depth knowledge of ambulatory physician and back office nursing and specialty department clinical documentation workflows, care planning, and patient education.
· Prefer 5 years of experience in progressive healthcare (Integrated Delivery System) experience in clinical or operations setting, IT system development or deployment, experience as a clinical analyst, business analyst systems or financial analyst.
· Prefer 3 years of experience with hands-on Epic clinical systems experience with appropriate Epic Training / certifications in at least one application area.
· The analyst must have excellent communication skills in sharing information with fellow team members as well as interacting with clinical, operations, and administrative staff to ascertain specific application requirements.
· Key attention to detail and ability to respond professionally to urgent changes that impact Patient Safety, Quality, or other federal / regulatory requirements is required.
Full Time; Days: will provide 24/7 on call support on a rotating basis for application issue resolution. Travel required.