Head of Consumer Communications - Bank
Job Title: Head of Consumer Communications - Bank
Location: McLean, VA, 22106, USA
Description: 1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Head of Consumer Communications - Bank
We are looking for an energetic and intuitive Head of Consumer Communications for the Bank, a PR strategist with exceptional leadership and communication skills. The responsibilities of this role will be focused on understanding the Consumer Bank business and its product objectives and establishing a communications program that promotes them. The Head of Consumer Communications will be dedicated to developing proactive, strategic marketing and communications programming spanning traditional and social media with a strong focus on content creation and analytics.
The Head of Consumer Communications will develop and drive communications programs from ideation to execution and measurement, and provide ongoing public relations counsel to key internal and external audiences promoting Capital One Consumer Bank. Proven ability to identify opportunities and deliver effective strategies to generate results is critical for this role.
This person will have exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, expertise in relationship building; a deep understanding of content strategy and analytics, solid experience in media relations and influencer engagement tactics, possess strong executive presence, and have good project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once.
• Lead an internal communications function; developing strategic communication strategies that support the strategic direction of the organizational goals; set research, metrics, and innovative communication channel strategies, align strategies with communication
• Provide leadership for several divisional businesses / teams and transformational initiatives through the strategic use of communications to support the company's vision, values, and business goals. Identify key messages and craft materials that effectively convey the appropriate information to a diverse audience
• Developing and implementing business communication and organizational change management strategies, plans and deliverables.
• Team and vendor management, including resource planning, allocation and performance management and productivity tools. Budget management, including forecasting and reporting tools, and chargeback models.
• Manage, inspire and lead a communications team
• Bachelor’s degree or Military experience
• At least 5 years of management experience
• At least five years of experience in leading large-scale organizational change and communication projects
• At least five years of experience in developing and implementing business communication and organizational change management strategies, plans and deliverables.
• Master’s Degree in Business, Mass Communications, Education, Marketing/Public Relations, Journalism or English
• At least 10 years of experience in leading large-scale organizational change and communication projects
• At least 10 years of experience in team and vendor management
•At least 10 years of experience in Developing and implementing business communication and organizational change management strategies, plans and deliverables.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.