Help Desk Manager (#00115)
OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY
Information Technology Services (ITS) at Old Dominion University is seeking a full time Help Desk Manager to oversee the daily operation of the ITS Help Desk which provides customer service and support to all ODU faculty, staff, and students who utilize the technology services provided by ITS. The position will also oversee the development and maintenance of online technical support documentation using various web-based technologies. In addition to overseeing support, this position will also analyze business processes and research and recommend technology solutions for improving customer service and problem resolution. The customer’s ability to use our services and their total technology experience are directly impacted by the quality of customer service provided.
Required qualifications include:
• Considerable knowledge of customer service techniques to include understanding customer needs and effectively communicating options for problem resolution.
• Considerable knowledge of Internet-based applications.
• Considerable knowledge of Microsoft computer hardware and software troubleshooting and resolution.
• Considerable knowledge of Apple computer hardware and software troubleshooting and resolution.
• Some knowledge of technologies applicable to business process in customer service.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time.
• Demonstrated ability to provide technical and project leadership to team members.
• Demonstrated ability to provide task and relationship oriented leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex information so that it is understandable to computer users of all levels.
• Demonstrated ability to write and publish technical documentation of processes, procedures, instructional material, problem resolutions and report.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve technical or customer service problems.
Position opens April 3, 2017 and closes April 7, 2017. To review required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position and to submit an application, please visit http://jobs.odu.edu/postings/5165. AA/EOE
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Help Desk Manager Jobs
- View more Computers/IT/Technology Jobs
- View more OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY Jobs