Jr. Data Analyst
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
Homes.com is looking for a Jr. Data Alanyst to join a growing team of IT professionals working to support our premier internet real estate portal. The BI Developer will perform complex analysis in an evolving data environment. In addition to very strong technical skills, this position will have superb business acumen and interpersonal skills. Successful candidates will have an ability to analyze patterns in data and synthesize insights into a format for senior decision-makers.
- Document, develop, maintain, and manage OLAP cubes, advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI tools
- Write queries for data extraction and analysis to fulfill ad-hoc report requests
- Train business end users on how to use reporting tools and dashboards
- QA issues or answer questions regarding reports and dashboards
Contribute Your Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient working in a variety of data systems, including traditional RDBMS and NoSQL data stores.
- Knowledge of Data modelling, Data warehousing, and ETL pipelines
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development practices and version control systems.
- Strong Interest in making data insights actionable through high-quality data products (e.g. visualizations, presentations, business intelligence tools, etc.)
- Ability to work with large collections of both structured and unstructured data and transform this content into meaningful information.
- Can present their findings in concise and comprehensible documentation.
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical and business oriented stakeholders.
- Possess the ability to recognize trends and patterns through careful analysis, delivering meaningful conclusions back to the business.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
As one of the nation’s top online real estate destinations, Homes.com inspires consumers to dream big. From affordable houses to luxurious estates, condos, apartment rentals and more, Homes.com features close to 3 million homes for sale or for rent in a user-friendly format, making finding your next home easy. Visitors to the Homes.com blog will find a collection of rich information and posts on DIY projects, painting, organization tips and more, providing the ultimate resource for everything home related. From finding your first apartment to buying your first home, upgrading, downsizing and everything in between, Homes.com is an inspiring and engaging partner in every phase of the home buying or renting process. Visit Homes.com and download the Homes.com Mobile App, Rentals Mobile App, or Mortgage Calculator to assist in your home search. For home decor tips and more, check out Blog.Homes.com.
About Dominion Enterprises:
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.