- Financial Services
Job Title: Learning Consultant
Location: Chester, VA, 23836, USA
Description: James River Center 2 (12041), United States of America, Chester, Virginia
The best leaders don't just motivate, they inspire. That's how we reach our goals and why we reward outstanding results. Sound like you? Then consider Capital One, a financial services leader and FORTUNE 200® company, where you'll find an environment that values your abilities and rewards results that drive business success.
This role is on a team that is fast paced and interacts with all levels of leadership. The best candidate for this role will be acting as a consultant with our businesses to deliver information to their managers and contact center associates. This role will lead a group of training professionals that facilitate training classes and develop content. The ability to prioritize work load and balance capacity is key to leadership in this group.
Responsible for analyzing, designing, developing and facilitating the training for our US Card team. This includes:
• Working with managers to define desired training results;
• Providing curriculum design and development within all levels of the organization;
• Monitoring and controlling expenses to ensure programs stay within budgeted costs:
• Deliver outstanding service to internal customers and contributes to the overall success and performance of originations associates.
• Consult with managers, leaders and partners to design and develop new curriculum that helps associates understand expected progress and milestones
• Facilitate learning and development curriculum
• Apply knowledge of adult learning theory and fundamentals into curriculum development
• Select proper training medium, including classroom, CBT, WBT and job aids
• Identify training needs by conducting surveys, interviewing appropriate managers, business subject matter experts and evaluating feedback from existing programs
• Manage the new hire process with associates and managers
• Measure the effectiveness of training programs and evaluate their impact on service quality and the customer experience
• Take on additional tasks or projects, assisting other training team members and cross-functional partners, as needed
• Travel as needed (up to 50% at times) to other company locations for training purposes
• Manage the curriculum integration with new businesses, as needed
• Manage multiple projects while delivering by required deadline
• High School diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• At least 2 years of experience in Training Design, Development and Facilitation
• At least 2 years of people management experience
• Bachelors Degree or military experience
• 3 years of experience in Training Design, Development Delivery
• 3 years of experience in Consulting
• 3 years of experience in Project Management
**At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.**
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.