Long Term Care (LTC) Coordinator
Eastern Virginia Healthcare Coalition
Responsible for developing, planning, coordinating and implementing Long Term Care engagement strategy to ensure healthcare readiness before, during and following disasters involving the entire healthcare community. The Long Term Care Coordinator will be required to participate with varying types of healthcare facilities to assist with emergency management planning, training, and developing exercises that meet the regulatory requirements and ensure engagement with other regional healthcare facilities and the Eastern Region Healthcare Coalition. The Long Term Care Coordinator will assist with the development of an appropriate Hazard Vulnerability Analysis (HVA) in conjunction with the local and regional organizations. They will train and exercise the use of Virginia Healthcare Alerting and Status System (VHASS) with the LTC facilities ensuring the ability to use the system when needed.
In this position, the individual will foster positive change, professional program growth and teamwork with the goal of maximizing the well-being for the residents, families and facility staff of the long term care agencies. To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have significant experience in emergency management with a background and/or knowledge of long term care facility operations being encouraged. A background in healthcare is strongly preferred. We're looking for a professional with solid knowledge of emergency management in healthcare with demonstrated success developing and implementing response plans and training and exercises that meet the needs of the specific organization. Personnel associated with this project will demonstrate the ability to work well with persons of diverse backgrounds and be effective in problem solving and conflict management and will have demonstrated ability to speak, write, and communicate effectively. They will demonstrate knowledge of existing disaster-related resources and will be familiar with state and regional planning activities. They will demonstrate familiarity with the types of disaster supplies and equipment used in the region.
1. Assist in engaging additional coalition partners in the Region’s preparedness efforts and coordinate projects and activities with coalition members and other stakeholders identified by coalition group, coalition Executive Council and overall coalition strategic plan.
2. Improve the coordination and collaboration with other coalition partners in the Region to enhance their preparedness, response and recovery efforts individually and collectively.
3. Assist coalition stakeholders to become involved/engaged in cooperative preparedness planning and exercises.
4. Coordinate emergency preparedness activities with EVHC stakeholders, including long term care facilities and residential care communities, dialysis centers, psychiatric facilities and other partners as assigned and deemed priorities by the coalition group, leadership and strategic plan.
5. Assist with the development of:
a) An effective Emergency Operations Plans involving coalition partners
b) Training programs to enhance coalition understanding of collective emergency response, and
c) Appropriate, pre-approved exercise activities to improve response and recovery capabilities.
6. Coordinate activities with the Regional Healthcare Preparedness Program Manager, coalition staff and leadership and respective Virginia Department of Health local planning and response staff, where appropriate.
7. Serve as the Center for Medicaid Services, Emergency Preparedness subject matter expert for the EVHC
8. Represent the EVHC on various regional and state committees when requested.
9. Create, manage and stay within an annual EVHC budget, explaining variances as they occur.
10. Manage multiple projects, multiple timelines and deliver results within expected deadlines.
11. Support a 24 x 7 capability, being available to respond to disasters when required, including sharing on-call responsibilities and RHCC Staffing.
12. Understand regulatory and compliance requirements within the Region’s Coalition members and partners.
13. Represent the EVHC and its members/partners in regulatory and accreditation surveys and preparation when requested.
14. Assist with strategic planning and further development of EVHC objectives and goals.
1. Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, and preferably advanced education, training or experience in the areas of response, healthcare, public health, public administration, or emergency management.
2. Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects or programs.
3. Experience developing Emergency Operations Plans and Continuity Plans.
4. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences —members, staff, Board and community partners – and develop strong and trusted relationships with each of these audiences.
5. Willingness to travel throughout the HPP Eastern Region of Virginia using personnel vehicle.
6. Firsthand knowledge of long term care disaster preparedness requirements and proposed requirements.
7. Strong preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated experience in the fields of emergency response planning in a healthcare setting.
8. Genuine passion for and commitment to our mission.
As a member supporting emergency response and activation, position requires incumbent to be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, pass a criminal background check and have a valid driver's license. Reliable transportation to meet regional travel obligations is required. Overnight travel may be required.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Long-Term Care Executive Jobs
- View more Education/Training Jobs
- View more Healthcare/Medical Jobs
- View more Management Jobs
- View more Eastern Virginia Healthcare Coalition Jobs