Management Rotation Program Intern - Virginia Tech
Job Title: Management Rotation Program Intern - Virginia Tech
Location: Richmond, VA, 23261, USA
Description: McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Throughout your internship, you will rely heavily on the leadership skills you have honed during your college experience. You will be responsible for one to two different projects and / or processes and be a valued team member –working to launch products, innovative strategies, and new functionality to our associates and customers. Interns should be adaptable to their environment, autonomous, and comfortable in gray space. While in the program, you will have exposure and training in various delivery methods, such as Agile, Process Management, Project management and Risk Management. Additionally, you will hear from Executive Speakers and practitioners about their career and experience at Capital One and have the opportunity to sharpen your communication and problem-solving skills in a business environment.
· Develop and Lead team schedules and tasks
· Deliver project-related communications and status updates
· Lead customer relationships
· Identify and handle risks, assumptions, dependencies and issues
· Drive and communicate process improvements and process changes
· Be an active and engaged member of a team that is working on delivering features to our associates and / or customers
· Communicating and facilitating effectively across diverse audiences within and outside of their team
· Keeping information about the team's progress up-to-date, accurate, appropriately detailed, and visible to all parties
· Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2017 and August 2018
- Current student or alumni of Virginia Tech
· In process of obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business, engineering, economics, or information systems majors
· Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
· Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
This is a paid internship.
**At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.**
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.