Manager, Audit - Model Risk
- Financial Services
Job Title: Manager, Audit - Model Risk
Location: McLean, VA, 22106, USA
Description: West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Manager, Audit - Model Risk
Are you interested in joining a team of Corporate Audit leaders whose goal is to enable game-changing business results by providing programs and solutions that unleash greatness in our associates? If so, Capital One wants to talk to you!
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization’s Audit and Risk Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS culture creates a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
In this position, the Audit Manager of Model Risk, will:
- Perform internal audit work related to financial and statistical models and provide input to all audits involving financial and statistical models across all audit groups, as well as support audits addressing overall model governance and model validation.
- Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards, and work independently under general supervision.
- Responsible for maintaining the inventory of models and corresponding audits.
- Leverage available data and analytical tools during the planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases of audit delivery
- Establish and maintain good client relations during engagements. Communicate or assist in communicating the results of some audit projects to management via written reports and oral presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in auditing, at least 5 years of experience in model risk management, at least 5 years of experience in model development, or a combination
- Master’s Degree in Math, Master’s Degree in Statistics, Master’s Degree in Economics or Master’s Degree in Finance
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Regulator Compliance Manager (CRCM), or Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
- 5+ years of experience in a bank or 5+ years of experience in a financial services firm
- 3+ years in financial modeling experience, 3+ years in statistical modeling experience, or a combination
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 1+ years of experience with data analytics tools in support of internal audit
_At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position._
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.