Manager, Data Engineering
Job Title: Manager, Data Engineering
Location: Vienna, VA, 22180, USA
Description: Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Manager, Data Engineering
This position is for a Manager, Data Engineering role supporting our corporate Risk, Finance, and Treasury organization. We currently have legacy systems in SQL Server and Oracle, but are looking to change the mix as we move to a technology driven organization with a focus on the cloud and open source.
To be successful in this position, you will not only need to have command of traditional database technologies and associated administration work, but will also need to have the proven ability and desire to learn new technologies, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), scripting for data analytics, and integration with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and Redshift.
- Lead and develop sustainable data driven solutions with current new gen data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business customers
- Ability to grasp / master new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
- Able to breakdown complex data issues and resolve them
- Builds robust systems with an eye on the long term maintenance and support of the application
- Looks to leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization
- Helps drive cross team design and influencing / development via technical leadership /mentoring
- Influence cross team/matrix organization
- Broader knowledge sharing
- Provide technical guidance to team members
- Understands complex multi-tier, multi-platform systems
+ Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
+ At least 3 years of experience in configuring, managing, and troubleshooting SQL Server
+ At least 3 years of experience with database backup and recovery, including implementing disaster recovery standards
+ At least 5 years of experience with database design, optimization, and tuning
+ At least 2 years of experience using Github
+ At least 2 years of experience in continuous integration and development methodologies tools
+ Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline is generally required
+ 2 years of experience in agile development environment
+ 2 years of experience in AWS cloud computing platform migrating databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server etc…) to Amazon RDS
+ Working knowledge of Postgres, Amazon Redshift, MongoDB, Cassandra, Oracle
+ Ability to develop in Python, R, Ruby, Ansible, or Chef
+ Working knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, and related Big Data technologies
+ Working knowledge of the Treasury and/or Capital Markets business space
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.