Manager, Digital Product Management
Job Title: Manager, Digital Product Management
Location: McLean, VA, 22106, USA
Description: 1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Digital Product Management
We believe progress starts with a deep understanding of our customers. This human-centered methodology combined with a best-in-class analytical practice allows us to quickly identify, build, and test our way to success. We spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, challenge ourselves to see the world through the eyes of our customers every step of the way.
We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration, and delivers world-class products and services that touch tens of millions of customers.
Do you want to change the way the world interacts with their money? Do you have an opinion on whether shipping > perfection? Have you geeked out on multi-armed bandit experiments or the possibilities of the blockchain lately? Then we want you!
As a Product Manager focusing on Consumer Bank products, you’ll be joining a passionate team of engineers and designers working to redefine how millions of customers interact with their bank and manage their money.
• Own the success of a given product line within our Consumer Bank Innovation teams as well as setting its strategy and tracking its KPIs.
• Gather and synthesize information from a variety of sources: customer. and empathy research, market and sales data, competitive analysis, etc.
• Contribute to the product portfolio by applying customer-backed insights, lean process and business rigor to new capabilities brought from pilot à production.
• Work with senior leadership to align the company around your product strategy, roadmap and milestones.
• Over-see cross-functional efforts that pull together team members from such departments as sales, service, marketing, and more.
• Interact with other product managers in developing best practices.
Here is what you will bring to the table:
• 3+ years of product design/management experience in software product management roles.
• Proven ability to weave together user benefits, business strategy and technology into product customers love.
• Experience in shipping complex, technical products.
• Strong focus on human centered design/design thinking.
• High comfort with ambiguity and unsolved problems.
• Willingness to roll-up sleeves and get dirty in problem solving.
• Experience at a well oiled agile shop (and/or startup) a plus.
• Passion for or experience in fintech a plus.
Here is what we will bring to the table:
• Competitive salary and equity (including a robust 401(k) plan).
• Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits).
• Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [Paypal, Google, Gilt, Yodle, AOL, Adaptive Path].
• Continuous learning budget [Meet Marty Cagan in person].
• Highly supportive and “bought in” leadership environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer products
- At least 3 years’ experience building and launching consumer applications on web and mobile platforms
- At least 3 years of digital industry experience for consumers
- At least 1 year of Agile product management experience
- 3-5 years experience with web and client-side mobile platforms
- 3-5 years experience as a web Consumer Product Owner in an Agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.