Manager, Model Validation
- Financial Services
Job Title: Manager, Model Validation
Location: McLean, VA, 22106, USA
Description: McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Model Validation
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, is one of the largest, most analytically sophisticated Financial Services providers in the world. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
As a Manager of Quantitative Analysis within the Model Risk Office, you will lead the validation of loss forecasting, stress test, and Basel models used to measure risk and calculate capital requirements for retail portfolios including Credit Card and Auto lending. Validations cover all aspects of model development and performance and include forward-looking advancements in model sophistication and quality. You will enhance your technical and analytical skills, while also working with business leaders understand and influence business strategies. With a network of over 200 quantitative analysts, data scientists and statisticians, we’ve created a dynamic environment with ample opportunities for learning and growth.
• Develop and implement validation strategies for statistical and other quantitative models used in loss forecasting, stress, and capital calculations for retail portfolios
• Assess the quality and risk of model methodologies, outputs, and processes
• Develop alternative model approaches to assess model design and advance future capabilities
• Understand relevant business processes and portfolios associated with model use
• Understand technical issues in econometric and statistical modeling and apply these skills toward assessing model risks and opportunities
• Plan and manage validation projects
• Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and through written communication via model validation reports and presentations
• Master’s Degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Financial Engineering or Physics
• At least 3 years’ experience in quantitative analysis with Statistics, Econometrics, or Data Mining
• Doctorate in quantitative field including Statistics, Mathematics, or Economics
• 5+ years’ experience in consumer credit risk modeling and analysis
• Proficiency with statistical and data software languages and packages
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.