Master Software Engineer
Job Title: Master Software Engineer
Location: Richmond, VA, 23261, USA
Description: West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Master Software Engineer
You'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge Open Source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies which may include: node.js, Java, JQuery, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS.
We have various openings that require a broad range of technical skills and experience. Our recruiting process will match you to the right role and level.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Use engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, CI/CD, and Refactoring techniques
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
-Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of Java Application Development experience
- At least 2 years of experience working with AWS
- At least 2 years of API development experience
- At least 1 year of Agile experience
- 7+ years of experience programming in Java
- 5+ years of CI/CD experience
- 5+ years of test architecture experience
- 2+ years of experience working with fast data technologies such as Spark
- 5+ years’ experience performance tuning and monitoring tools
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.