Master Software Engineer
Job Title: Master Software Engineer
Location: Vienna, VA, 22180, USA
Description: Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Master Software Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products?
Are you a developer that thrives in a vibrant, innovative and collaborative team? Capital One is actively seeking an experienced Software Engineer with expertise in working in a fast paced development environment. You’ll have the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role, developing coding solutions. We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
We want you to be curious and ask “what if?”
Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impact and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to various applications that will be migrating or integrating into the Cloud. This is an amazing opportunity for a Software Engineer coding with Public Cloud API’s to accelerate our public cloud adoption. You will be working with rapid provisioning and deployments, security and user provisions, while monitoring and providing other asset support.
You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, boto (AWS Python API), AngularJS, Python, REST, JSON, XML, HTML / HTML5, CSS, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, AWS / Cloud Infrastructure, and various Open Source technologies to name a few.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, mentor members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Code in Python working on PostgreSQL moving into the Cloud.
- Collaborate on various implementation options
- Work to meet deliver of feature content throughout the Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Identifies and characterizes technical risk throughout SDLC; generates mitigation options
- Produce resilient code that meet the “-ilities,” such as: system availability, reliability, flexibility, scalability, usability, etc.
- Codes hands-on for actual feature delivery
- Work as a core member of a software engineering team member; be a part of peer code reviews
- Helps determine how best technology can be applied to meet the customers’ needs
- Ability to manage to the right solution by influencing others and key contributors
- Rapid provisioning and deployment
- Security and User provisioning
- Monitoring and asset support
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in object-oriented programming languages (Python, Shell)
- At least 5 years of experience in leading software-oriented projects from inception to delivery, including supporting the projects
- At least 2 years of experience interfacing with relational databases (querying, designing, tuning)
- Master’s degree
- 2 years of Python coding experience
- 2 years of experience with Agile development methodologies
- 2 years of Windows Server experience
- 2 years of Cloud experience
- 2 years of AWS APIs experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.