MORTGAGE LOAN PROCESSOR/CLOSER
Bank @LANTEC, a division of Dollar Bank, FSB
- Banking/Financial Services
MORTGAGE LOAN PROCESSOR/CLOSER
As a Mortgage Loan Processor/Closer, you will be responsible for administrative tasks related to residential mortgage loans in compliance with the Bank's policies, procedures and related laws and regulations. Responsible for all facets of processing, closing and servicing mortgage loans and assumes primary responsibility for the loan file upon receipt. Ensures all required documentation is secured for loan approval. Maintains high level of member service and proactively contact members and/or loan officers with questions, concerns or updates. Promotes business for the bank referring members to appropriate staff for new services. Provide administrative support to the AVP Mortgage Originations and assists with other mortgage related lending functions and projects.
Principal Activities / Objectives:
- Ensures loans are processed in accordance with established guidelines and Truth and Lending rules/regulations.
- Register loans on the origination system and maintain system accuracy.
- Issue proper disclosures as required by federal regulatory compliance RESPA.
- Ensures loans are processed and tracked in accordance with HMDA guidelines.
- Sends Statement of Credit Denial (adverse action notice), if applicable.
- Prepares opening packages and disclosures in a timely fashion.
- Ensures accurate printing of preliminary real estate loan documents.
- Review rate locks for accuracy.
- Check alternative documentation for accuracy and potential problems.
- Order title insurance, flood and tax certificates and surveys, reviewing for problems upon receipt.
- Reviews Home Owners Policies for proper coverage and mortgage/loss payee.
- Ensures all loan documentation, closing conditions, and requirements have been met.
- Obtain and review documents for acceptability against loan conditions.
- With the loan officer, coordinate with buyers, sellers, title companies, escrow agents, surveyors and real estate agents to obtain additional documentation if needed.
- Responsible for keeping the member informed of the status of their loan and maintaining contact with both internal and external vendors during the loan process.
- Prepares real estate loan packages for settlement.
- Coordinates mortgage loan closings.
- Coordinates the disbursement of funds.
- After settlement, reviews and audits property loans, ensuring final title policy and endorsement is received and lien is correct.
- Responsible for preparing Certificates of Satisfaction to send to Clerk of Courts to release deeds on all real estate loans to include mailing original to member.
- Assists with ensuring proper completion of required HMDA data.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Excellent internal and external member service skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks in order to meet departmental goals.
- Ability to work independently with stringent guidelines.
- Ability to perform tasks on a calculator and function accurately on a computer terminal.
- Ability to type 35-40 WPM helpful.
- Ability to learn job and perform at a satisfactory level in 3-6 months.
- Ability to do FHA, VA, and Conventional loan processing.
- Knowledge of mortgage terms and guidelines.
- Knowledge of ECOA, Reg. Z, FCRA, and RESPA.
- Ability to be bonded.
Full time employees are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, short and long term disability, tuition reimbursement and gym membership reimbursement. If you are an enthusiastic professional and meet the above requirements, we encourage you to apply online at www.whereibank.com/careers.
Bank @lantec, a division of Dollar Bank, FSB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Mortgage Loan Interviewer Jobs
- View more Banking/Financial Services Jobs
- View more General/Other Jobs
- View more Bank @LANTEC, a division of Dollar Bank, FSB Jobs