PeopleSoft Financial Functional SME
Hampton Roads Transit
- Accounting & Finance
Position: PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management (SCM) Functional Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Department: PeopleSoft Technical Services
Reports To: PeopleSoft Technical Services Manager
Salary: Determined by Qualifications **$5,000 Sign on Bonus**
Position Status: Full time or 2 Year Temporary
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship.
PeopleSoft Functional Financials and Supply Chain Management (SCM) Subject Matter Expert with proven experience on the full capability of PeopleSoft Finance/SCM application with emphasis on Commitment Control, eProcurement, Purchasing, Accounts Payable and General Ledger to work with multiple teams composed of technical and business analysts to support Financials/SCM application. Provide functional support, training and business processes to end user community to support HRT in on-going usage of the PeopleSoft Financials/SCM application.
Individual must be well versed in functional aspects of PeopleSoft Commitment Control, eProcurement, Purchasing, Accounts Payable and General Ledger modules with insight into technical aspects.
Individual must be able to define requirements based on current functionality and SME knowledge, as well as be able to map requirements to test scripts and validate not only documented requirements but validate current functionality against identified business processes and test scenarios. Expertise in working closely with technical resources to map functional design to technical design is required.
Essential Job Functions:
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
Provide daily user support and troubleshooting of issues.
Functional liaison with technical team for issues or enhancements needing IT support. Including working with users to provide applicable functional specifications and system testing of IT fixes and enhancements.
Lead functional team and stakeholders to re-access configurations of modules as requested and correct any issues needed to allow HRT to utilize more effectively.
Work with functional users to ensure continuous effective use of PeopleSoft Financials/SCM.
Assist users with utilizing additional delivered functionality.
Assist with leading requirement analysis sessions to gather key business objectives.
Work with team to continually build application business processes.
Provide query power user support in creation of advanced queries for team shared use
Provide nVision power user support in creation of advanced nVision reports for team shared use.
Work with functional team to gather and document requirements to apply system solutions to business problems.
Provide leadership in the development of functional skills in others through active knowledge sharing.
Work with team to develop audit standards for transactions and data.
Assist in managing requests from stakeholders following the change management process.
Develop change request business cases (i.e. define the problem, pros, cons, suggestions, cost/benefit analysis; recommendations)
Lead in performing configuration changes, testing, training and business process documentation as needed.
Perform other functional analyst support duties as needed
Provide on-going formal internal training as needed.
Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS
Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan
System Review for Productivity improvements:
Assist as requested in the following:
- Effort of establishing a functional base line for as-is-state and defining the to-be-state with transition roadmap that includes the key components around business processes, policy framework, process re-design, change management and working closely with other technology team members in determining technology and product configurations.
- Requirement analysis sessions to gather key business objectives.
- Identify current business process challenges.
- Identify and document gaps in business processes
- Identify Business Process re-engineering opportunities for existing and future modules and processes
- Working with team on requirements for RFP’s.
- Assist in evaluation of proposals in response to solicitations.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
- Exemplified superior knowledge in understanding of business requirements, processes and implementation approaches for the following PeopleSoft Financials/SCM modules: Commitment Control, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Purchasing and eProcurement.
- Experience with workflow approval configuration and processing
- Working knowledge of project management principles and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of automated systems testing procedures, transaction processing and troubleshooting application.
- Must be able to QA test development work and work with the technical development team to ensure customer requirements are met
- Advanced knowledge of Finance business practices, work flow analysis, business systems design, and process re-engineering.
- Proven experience in requirement gathering, fit/gap analysis, documenting design, test planning and execution, training strategy, and overall implementation planning.
- Proven ability to evaluate configuration options to leverage PeopleSoft delivered functionality.
- Accountable and strong rapport with technical counterpart and user community.
- Willing to provide leadership in the development of functional skills in others through active knowledge sharing.
- Must have strong writing skills and be able to create functional specifications, design documents, training materials, test scripts, etc.
- Superior technical proficiency in developing user reports with nVision.
- Technical proficiency in developing user reports with PS/Query.
- Superior technical proficiency with SQL and PS/Query for reviewing data, troubleshooting and testing/validating source system data.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated skill in verbal and written communications, making presentations before groups and committees, and working and/or leading effectively and cooperatively with staff and management.
- Demonstrated skill in analysis and problem solving including determining priorities, producing fully developed quality recommendations to decision makers.
- Excellent issue resolution (problem diagnosis), analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of best practices in quality customer service.
Nice to Have:
- Experience using Oracle User Productivity Kit.
- Experience working with a Transit agency
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
Advanced knowledge of MS Office products (with particular emphasis on Excel, Project, and Visio (or other flowcharting software)).
Training and/or Education:
BA/ BS degree in Business Administration or Management Information Systems or other closely related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- A minimum of 10 years working in a functional/business analyst role supporting financial systems.
- Combined minimum of 7 years of operational experience with PeopleSoft Financials/SCM versions 8.4 through 9.2.
- 6 + years proven ERP system implementation experience
- 2+ full PeopleSoft Financials/SCM Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) implementations
- Experience with Financials/SCM version 8.9 or higher.
- Worked as Financials Functional Lead 2+ implementation and/or upgrade projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires high-speed operation of keyboard devices. Also requires lifting and transferring of computer equipment as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Peoplesoft Jobs
- View more Accounting & Finance Jobs
- View more Computers/IT/Technology Jobs
- View more General/Other Jobs
- View more Hampton Roads Transit Jobs