PeopleSoft HCM Functional Subject Matter Expert
Hampton Roads Transit
Position: PeopleSoft HCM Functional Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Department: PeopleSoft Technical Services
Reports To: Director of ERP Services
Salary: Determined by qualifications **$5,000 Sign on Bonus**
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship.
PeopleSoft Functional Human Resources Subject Matter Expert with proven experience on the capability of PeopleSoft HCM application with emphasis on Human Resource, Benefits Administration, Payroll, Time & Labor, GL Interface and Recruiting to work with multiple teams of composed of technical and business analysts to support HCM 9.1 application. Provide functional support to end user community to support Hampton Roads Transit in on-going usage of PeopleSoft HCM application to its full capability.
Individual must be well versed in functional aspects of PeopleSoft HCM HR, Benefits Administration, Payroll, Time & Labor, GL Interface and Recruiting modules with insight into technical aspects.
Individual must be able to define requirements based on current functionality and SME knowledge, as well as be able to map requirements to test scripts and validate not only documented requirements but validate current functionality against identified business processes and test scenarios. Expertise in working closely with technical resources to map functional design to technical design is required.
Essential Job Functions:
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Provide daily user support and troubleshooting of issues.
- Functional liaison with technical team for issues or enhancements needing IT support. Including working with users to provide applicable functional specifications and system testing of IT fixes and enhancements.
- Work with technical team and functional users in planning for upgrade to HCM 9.2.
- Work with functional users to ensure continuous effective use of PeopleSoft HCM.
- Assist users with utilizing additional delivered functionality.
- Assist with leading requirement analysis sessions to gather key business objectives.
- Work with team to continually build application business processes.
- Provide query power user support in creation of advanced queries for team shared use
- On-going review of tax updates, patches and bundles; to include working with functional users to communicate, test and build of training in support of changes to application based on applied bundles and/or patches.
- Work with functional team to gather and document requirements to apply system solutions to business problems.
- Assist functional users in performing configuration changes, testing, training and business process documentation as needed.
- Provide continuous mentoring and knowledge transfer to functional users.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan
- Perform other functional analyst support duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
- Exemplified advanced knowledge in understanding of business requirements, processes and implementation approaches for four or more of the following PeopleSoft HCM modules: HR, Benefits Admin, Payroll, T&L, GL Interface or Recruiting
- Experience with configuring PeopleSoft ESS, MSS and Workflow
- Must be able to QA test development work and work with the technical development team to ensure customer requirements are met
- Advanced knowledge of HR business practices, work flow analysis, business systems design, and process re-engineering.
- Proven experience in requirement gathering, fit/gap analysis, documenting design, test planning, test scripts and etc…
- Accountable and strong rapport with technical counterpart and user community.
- Willing to provide leadership in the development of functional skills in others through active knowledge sharing.
- Technical proficiency in developing user reports with PS/Query.
- Technical proficiency with SQL and PS/Query for reviewing data, troubleshooting and testing/validating source system data.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated skill in verbal and written communications.
- Excellent issue resolution (problem diagnosis), analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of best practices in quality customer service.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
Advanced knowledge of MS Office products (with particular emphasis on Excel, Project, and Visio (or other flowcharting software)).
Training and/or Education:
BA/ BS degree in Business Administration or Management Information Systems or closely related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Combined minimum of 7 years of operational experience supporting PeopleSoft HCM versions 8.9 through 9.1.
- 6 + years proven ERP system implementation / upgrade experience
- 2+ full PeopleSoft HCM Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) implementations
- Worked as HR Functional Lead 2+ implementation and/or upgrade projects.
Nice to Have:
- Experience using Oracle User Productivity Kit.
- Experience working with a Transit agency.
- Public Sector experience.
Licenses or Certificates:
Virginia Driver’s License
This position is classified as essential personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires high-speed operation of keyboard devices. Also requires lifting and transferring of computer equipment as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Peoplesoft Jobs
- View more Computers/IT/Technology Jobs
- View more General/Other Jobs
- View more Hampton Roads Transit Jobs