Prin Associate, Scrum Master
Job Title: Prin Associate, Scrum Master
Location: Vienna, VA, 22180, USA
Description: Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Prin Associate, Scrum Master
Life got you feeling a bit slow? Come be agile with us.
Capital One – a top 10 US bank needs scrum masters to help drive its Decisioning transformation.
In this role, you’ll use your experience with various flavors of Agile delivery to facilitate solutions in complicated scenarios.
You will work side-by-side with product owners and other Agile team members to build our next generation of decisioning systems.
Your experience probably includes a few of these, or if not, you’re ready to start learning:
- Professional experience leading Agile teams on technology projects
- Relevant Agile training and certifications
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- You enjoy being on high profile projects and are motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- You’re not content simply facilitating and regularly look for ways to roll up your sleeves to help the team meet commitments
- You have a knack for spotting and resolving ambiguity
- - You enjoy learning new things and mentoring more junior team members
- You look first to try to prevent problems, but eagerly dig in to solve them when they arise
- To you, the spirit of the team is just as important as the product it produces
You will work side-by-side with product owners and other Agile team members who are identifying ways to automate and simplify controls, improve Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) processes through the use of technology, and drive implementation of industry best practices for SOX.
- Serving as Scrum Master for up to two Agile teams, focused on automation our SOX processes
- Coaching teams on the basics of Scrum or Kanban (as needed) in simple terms
- Upholding Agile values and principles; facilitating Agile ceremonies
- Focusing teams to deliver value quickly
- Fostering a motivating culture of openness, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Coordinating across other Agile teams
- Leveraging data to measuring & monitoring progress against commitments
- Escalating and/or resolving impediments
**Our** **ideal candidate:**
- Enjoys being on high profile projects
-Motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
-Regularly looks for ways to roll up your sleeves to help the team meet commitments
-Has a knack for spotting and resolving ambiguity
-Enjoys learning new things and mentoring more junior team members
-Attempts first to prevent problems, but eagerly dig in to solve them when they arise
-Believes the spirit of the team is just as important as the product it produces
- Bachelor Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years of experience as a Scrum Master
- At least 3 years experience as a Scrum Master
- At least 1 year professional experience leading Agile teams on technology projects
- Certified Scrum Master
- At least 1 year experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
**At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.**
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.