Principal Process Manager - Richmond, VA
Job Title: Principal Process Manager - Richmond, VA
Location: Richmond, VA, 23261, USA
Description: West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Principal Process Manager - Richmond, VA
As a Process Manager with Capital One, you will be part of smart and talented Operations team that manages the third party vendors and internal processes responsible for processing incoming customer payments across the Enterprise. Our team is dedicated to delivering an excellent customer experience each and every time. The Process Manager will play a key role in collaborating with third party vendors, internal IT and support groups to deliver a consistent and cost effective processing that supports the ideal customer experience. In this position, you will be responsible for leading process improvements, as well as, collaborating with key third party vendors, internal clients and IT to identify and remediate payment related needs.
We are seeking a dedicated, disciplined, process professional who excels in a team environment. This person will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and have the ability to adapt to change quickly. A key to success in the position is the ability to influence vendors, internal partners and teammates. This individual needs to enjoy multi-tasking and problem solving in a high demand environment. This is an excellent opportunity in delivering change to a business critical area of Capital One.
- Relationship Management with third party vendors and partnership with Capital One Supplier Management team
- Ensure processes are performing at desired level based on existing measurements and metrics
- Understand owned processes from beginning to end and develop strategies to improve process performance for Card and Partnerships portfolios
- Understand how outputs of owned processes impact upstream and downstream operations including various Technology, ACH, Wires, Accounting and Finance teams
- Accountable for managing the resolution of vendor related issues
- Identify and drive process efficiencies to improve customer disbursement experience
- Identify and drive operational efficiencies through strong supplier relationship building while ensuring all contractual obligations are met
- Responsible for ensuring process documentation is accurate and current based on existing documentation standards
- Responsible for 3rd party vendor on-site assessments and periodic process audits
- Works across Payment Operations teams and with the Process Manager community to share best practices
**The ideal candidate will have:**
- Strong operational process knowledge
- Experience in general process management
- Strong integrative thinking skills with the ability to understand and articulate detailed processing steps while
providing high-level overviews to management and leadership
- Ability to anticipate and clearly articulate the needs of the business
- Able to quickly understand supplier processes and identify process strengths, weaknesses and risks
- Proactively identifies risks and makes grounded recommendations to mitigate risks
This role requires limited travel to supplier sites with in the United States.
**Basic Qualifications** :
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Process Management
- Business Process Management Certification
**Preferred Qualifications** :
- At least 3 years of experience managing suppliers
- At least 3 years of experience managing 3rd party vendors
- At least 3 years of experience in process management
- At least 1 year of experience in contract management
- Lean certification, Six Sigma certification, AAP certification, Scrum Master or Agile certifications
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.