Principal Quantitative Modeler
- Financial Services
Job Title: Principal Quantitative Modeler
Location: McLean, VA, 22106, USA
Description: McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Quantitative Modeler
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, is one of the largest, most analytically sophisticated Financial Services providers in the world. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
Expertise in quantitative analysis is central to our success in all these markets. Our 100+ modelers thrive in a culture of mutual respect, excellence and innovation. We have several opportunities available for top-notch quantitative professionals.
This position is part of Capital One’s Risk Management division. Successful candidates will partner cross-functionally with business throughout the company to deliver breakthrough analytical solutions to support a winning strategy in a continually changing business environment.
• Development, enhancement and implementation of statistical and other quantitative models to support loss forecasting, Basel and economic capital calculations, and other business applications
• Understanding technical issues in econometric and statistical modeling and applying these skills toward solving business problems
• Full ownership of the model development process: from conceptualization through data exploration, model selection and validation, implementation, business user training
• Monitoring statistical model performance and providing technical guidance to business leadership
• Identifying opportunities to apply quantitative methods to improve business performance
• Communicating technical subject matter clearly and concisely to individuals from various backgrounds
• Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Financial Engineering or Operations Research
• At least 2 years’ experience in Statistical or Econometrics hands-on work
• At least 2 years’ experience using SAS
• PhD in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or other related fields of study
• Experience with very large datasets
• Background and experience in consumer or commercial risk, especially scoring, and forecasting models
• Ability to communicate effectively and influence others
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.