Hampton Roads Transit
- Accounting & Finance
Position: Revenue Attendant
Department: Financial Services/Revenue Services
Responsible for processing, depositing and reporting all transit revenues in accordance with established policies and procedures. Responsible for the security of all transit revenues and equipment pertaining to collection, storage, and transportation of transit revenue.
Essential Job Functions:
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Empties cash boxes; unfolds, flattens and faces paper currency; operates and monitors sorting and counting equipment to sort and account for cash and coin fare revenue;
- Removes and secures coin bags on coin sorter and count machine.
- Faces and sorts tickets from bill currency.
- Deposits all revenue in receivers and vaults for safekeeping overnight.
- Assist in making bank deposits.
- Seals, tags, weighs and moves bank deposits bags; secures bags awaiting daily pick up by armored car for delivery to bank;
- Maintains security of the cash management Office during hours of responsibility;
- Performs all functions associated with the collection and deposit of funds;
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s Safety and Security Plan.
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant Safety and Security Procedures, Emergency Management Plan and all HRT’s Policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Knowledge of basic math. Establish and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of work.
Training and/or Education:
Must be bondable and dependable; Completion of standard high school curriculum or GED required.
One year cashiering or similar cash handling experience
Licenses or Certificates:
Virginia Driver’s License
Employees are required to wear specialized clothing and subject to periodic, unannounced searches of their person and belongings
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves physical effort involved in counting money and lifting moneybags. Must be able to repeatedly move and lift 75 lbs safely.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime. Work involves exposure to dirt and unpleasant odors.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Attendant Jobs
- View more Accounting & Finance Jobs
- View more Collections Jobs
- View more General/Other Jobs
- View more Hampton Roads Transit Jobs