- Financial Services
- Banking/Financial Services
- Landscaping/Lawn Maintenance
Job Title: Risk Manager
Location: Richmond, VA, 23261, USA
Description: West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
As a Risk Manager in Capital One’s Business Risk Office you will be responsible for working with business partners to identify and consult on potential risks to Capital One. Risk Managers at Capital One are the first line of defense to ensure our Company remains well-managed and profitable.
Risk Managers at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills. These skills allow the Risk Manager to gain insights, and act as a change agent to influence their business partners. As Capital One evolves to meet the ever changing technology landscape, so does our Risk Managers. A successful Risk Manager operates from a foundation of knowledge about the Line of Business with whom they are working, laws / regulations and good Risk Management practices. They are forward thinking, quick to adapt, and technologically adept. Risk Managers have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to appropriately manage risks within the Card business.
+ Consult on Risk to one or more business partners providing advice and guidance as required.
+ Effectively challenge our business partners, 2nd (Compliance and ORM) and 3rd lines (Audit).
+ Analyze data to proactively identify risks and trends
+ Stay current on the changing regulatory environment and understand the impacts to your businesses
+ Drives collaboration between the risk, compliance and other business support functions (e.g., legal, privacy).
+ Provides oversight and guidance during risk assessments.
+ Provides guidance to businesses and supporting functions in implementing risk management practices.
+ Participates in risk forums and contributes to continuous improvement of risk management practices.
+ Supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients.
+ Set direction, manage expectations and lead cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years of Financial Services Compliance or Risk Management experience
- At least 3 years of experience in analysis
- At least 2 years of experience in Process Management or at least 2 years of experience in Project Management
- 3 years of Financial Services Compliance Risk Management experience
- 5 years of experience in analysis
- Agile or Design Thinking experience
- Certified Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, Business Process Management, or Project management certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Risk Management Jobs
- View more Financial Services Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Banking/Financial Services Jobs
- View more Landscaping/Lawn Maintenance Jobs
- View more Law/Legal Jobs
- View more Capital One Jobs
View More Jobs in Richmond, VA:
- View more jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Risk Management jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Financial Services jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Engineering jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Banking/Financial Services jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Landscaping/Lawn Maintenance jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Law/Legal jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Capital One jobs in Richmond, Virginia