Senior Accounting Associate
- Financial Services
Job Title: Senior Accounting Associate
Location: Richmond, VA, 23261, USA
Description: West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Senior Accounting Associate
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. A Fortune 500 company, Capital One is one of the nation’s top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work. The Auto Accounting team within Capital One is looking for the right individual who shares these values and seeks continual growth and challenge in their career.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join the Auto Accounting team as a Senior Associate focusing on accounting for Auto loans. The team member would be a self-starter responsible for managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast paced time sensitive environment. The Auto division is a line of business consisting of strong origination growth, continuing expansion in the dealer space and countless opportunities for knowledge growth. This role will have the opportunity to engage with groups across the organization as part of key business projects and initiatives.
- Perform month-end closing and financial reporting processes timely and accurately
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations
- Develop and/or prepare monthly/quarterly analytics to explain business trends or variances between actuals vs. forecast
- Manage relationships with Finance and key business and operational partners
- Prepare schedules supporting quarterly SEC and/or Regulatory Reporting as well as other adhoc reporting or audit requests
- Participate in cross functional Financial Services or Controllers Group initiatives
- Document procedures, process maps and process flows
- Identify and drive process efficiencies to reduce risk
- Manage own workload to goal oriented priorities; consistent delivery of timely and error free work
- Establish a reputation for ability to deliver on commitments and support team strategic goals
We are seeking a dedicated and disciplined professional who excels in a collaborative environment and will take ownership of their responsibilities. This person will have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and have the ability to adapt to change quickly.
-Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
-At least 2 years of Accounting, or at least 2 years of Auditing or at least of 2 years of Finance experience
-3+ years of accounting experience or 3+ years of finance experience, or 3+ years of audit experience
-2+ years of Financial Services or banking experience
-Strong analytical and problem solving skills
-Strong verbal and written communication skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.