Senior Accounting Associate
Job Title: Senior Accounting Associate
Location: Richmond, VA, 23261, USA
Description: West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Senior Accounting Associate
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join the Retail Bank Accounting team as a Senior Associate focusing on accounting for Retail deposits, loans, and Small Business activities. The team member would be a self-starter responsible for managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast paced time sensitive environment. The Retail Bank is a growing line of business with new products, system integrations and countless opportunities to make positive and substantive contributions to the organization. This role will have the opportunity to engage with groups across the organization as part of key business projects and initiatives.
- Engage in and help lead projects and initiatives
- Support the lines of business with Retail Loans and Deposits, Merchant Services and other unique Retail activities.
- Perform month-end closing and financial reporting processes timely and accurately.
- Prepare/or present monthly, quarterly and other ad hoc analytics for Accounting and Finance leadership.
- Manage relationships with Finance and key business partners, associates throughout the controller’s group, tax, and external and internal auditors.
- Prepare/or review schedules supporting quarterly SEC and/or Regulatory Reporting as well as other external reporting requests.
- Identify and drive process efficiencies including tracking key metrics, identifying glitches, and making continuous improvements
- Prepare/or review reconciliations.
- Post/or review journal entries.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance or military experience
- At least 1 year of accounting or at least 1 year of audit experience or at least 1 year of finance experience
- 2+ years’ experience in an operational accounting department or similar audit experience in financial services industry
- MS Office software experience – Excel, PowerPoint
- PeopleSoft application experience
- Demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage task completion/deliverables within appropriate timeframes
- CPA certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.