Senior Developer (#00734)
OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY
Information Technology Services (ITS) at Old Dominion University is seeking a full time Senior Developer to serve in the university web, portal and mobile environments. This position will design, develop, and implement applications that meet the needs of the University and support the University’s web. It will assist with research, evaluation, and development of planning proposals for future direction.
Required qualifications include:
• Extensive knowledge of support required for an enterprise-wide web environment.
• Extensive knowledge of client/server and web environments.
• Extensive knowledge of systems design, security, and planning.
• Considerable knowledge of the following standard Java EE APIs or alternatives such as CDI (or Spring Framework dependency injection), JPA (or Hibernate), JSF 2.x, JAX-RS (or Jersey), JAX-WS, JAXB, JNDI, JMS, JDBC, Java API for Web Sockets (JSR-356).
• Considerable knowledge of VMware, Linux, Apache and the associated hardware and software.
• Working knowledge of application configuration and deployment in Java EE/Web containers.
• Working knowledge of SQL databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle.
• Demonstrated ability to provide technical and project leadership to individual through a wide range of technical skills and at varying administrative levels.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
Preferred qualifications include: Some experience with Adobe Experience Manager B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Position is open until filled. To review required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position and to submit an application, please visit http://jobs.odu.edu/postings/5048. AA/EOE