Senior Front End Developer
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
Homes.com is looking for a Senior Front End Developer with a passion for designing large scale, world class applications to craft the technical vision of our applications. You will be responsible for designing solutions to new business initiatives as well as providing strategy for keeping current solutions up to date and stable.
- Be the technical voice in collaboration with stakeholders and product owners
- Design and architect new features for the Homes.com Portal and support applications
- Improve performance of existing features for the Homes.com Portal and support applications
- Lead the design and architecture of applications for development and maintenance, including health monitoring, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Ready Homes.com for the future of our technology by keeping yourself up-to-date on new technologies and architecture, and keeping your team up to date through knowledge share and training
Contribute Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years of programming experience
- HTML programming experience
- CSS programming experience
- Solid understanding of RESTful web services
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented development principles
- Demonstrated full stack web development ability
- Live or be willing to relocate within commuting distance of our home office in Norfolk, VA
Technologies that you should have exposure to:
- Modern web development technologies and concepts such as Node.js or SPA frameworks like Angular.js, React.js, Backbone.js, etc.
- Working with a wide array of 3rd party backend technologies and services
- Experience with MongoDB, Lucene Solr, or a NoSQL equivalent
- Experience with MS SQL
Homes.com has provided advertising and marketing services to help real estate professionals connect with homeowners, buyers, and sellers. We value our industry partnerships, ranging from the and .Today our focus is even more concentrated than ever, offering a wide variety of cost-effective to target and capture local consumers. In an industry where technology, businesses and market conditions are perpetually shifting, Homes.com is a name that embodies stability, integrity and innovation. Our values have not changed in over 40 years, and we remain committed as your real estate advertising partner.
About Dominion Enterprises:
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.