Senior Performance Test Eng
Job Title: Senior Performance Test Eng
Location: Vienna, VA, 22180, USA
Description: Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Senior Performance Test Eng
The Senior Performance Test Engineer will work under general supervision to monitor software quality and associated business/technical risks across the software development lifecycle and will be dedicated to support planning, developing test scripts, executing test scenarios, and analyzing performance tests.
This position requires strong deductive reasoning, attention to detail, persistence, patience, and creativity. The individual will work with Developers, Business Analyst, Database Administrators, Network Engineers, and support teams to analyze developed, maintain and execute performance testing procedures to ensure software being developed or enhanced meets performance expectations & SLAs.
- Coordinates and execute upon the creation of Test Cases, scripts and performance test execution.
- Design, develop, and execute scripts which validate, to a high degree of confidence, test cases defined within the project’s test plan.
- Perform automated load/performance testing across multiple messaging protocols (including HTTP), focusing on overall application performance - validating that application response and outputs accurately reflect business requirements.
- Tracks and communicates task progress, status, and key performance metrics.
- Report defects found in testing diligently, promptly, and accurately, using standard defect tracking tools.
- Communicate effectively across multiple teams/external vendors (Operations, Project Teams, Quality Service, etc.), as well as different personnel (Developers, Scrum Masters, Project Managers, etc.) when required.
- Perform data analysis when needed to analyze issues in Performance and/or Production environments.
- Conduct troubleshooting/performance test execution in support of remediation efforts as required.
- Analyze data and application changes and document their impact on the performance testing task (test cases, scripting, scenario execution, etc.).
- Ensures the test execution results fulfill the defined test objectives. Schedules/recommends test re-execution if necessary.
- Ensure the appropriate testing and monitoring tools/technologies are configured accordingly with the test objectives/project team requirements.
- Expected to maintain technical expertise via self-education in areas governing computer sciences, performance/load testing dictums, and Quality Assurance.
Direct responsibilities to:
- Design, develop, and execute performance test cases and scripts through analysis of product specifications and software requirements, as well as mentoring other test team members.
- Interface directly with the Performance Test Lead regarding performance test environment.
- Work with Project /Test Data Management Teams to establish test data in sufficient quantity to support the performance testing effort
- Configure and prepare proper performance monitoring tools and metrics (Sitescope, Diagnostics, etc...)
- Support the Performance Test Lead in the preparation of documents governing the establishment of firewall connectivity and network waiver obtainment.
- Active participant in the meeting(s) to verify firewall openings between performance testing software and that of the application
- Active participant in the efforts required to obtain application network profile for the obtain of an execution waiver
- Maintain up-to-instance repository of artifacts related to performance test executions.
- Execute, monitor, analyze, and report performance tests.
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
- Adhere to defect tracking process; document software defects, using a defect tracking tool (Quality Center), monitor the progress in a timely manner, escalate aging and priority defects
- Timely and accurate communication of testing events, daily status, and test execution results, etc.
- Work closely and support the coordination effort of other QA team members in primary and offshore locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience with HP Performance Center
- At least 2 years of experience with JMeter
- At least 2 years of experience with Open Source Performance Testing tools
- 3 years of experience with AWS automation
- 3 years of experience with Jenkins
- 3 years of experience with AppDynamics
- 3 years of experience with or Dynatrace
- 3 years of experience with system resources measurement
- 3 years of experience with relational databases
- 3 years of experience with SQL Query tools
- 3 years of experience with HP Sitescope
- 3 years of experience with HP Diagnostics tools
- 3 years of experience with Agile Scrum methodology
- 3 years UNIX experience with J2EE web hosted solutions.
- 3 years UNIX experience with .NET applications.
- 3 years of experience with performance test simulations
- 3 years of experience with performance analysis
- 3 years of experience with performance tuning
- 3 years of experience with performance monitoring in a n-tier environment.
**At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.**
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.