Senior Software Engineer-Polyglot
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer-Polyglot
Location: Vienna, VA, 22180, USA
Description: Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Senior Software Engineer-Polyglot
Are you excited by the challenge of building systems that help millions of consumers and small businesses manage their finances? Are you a passionate software engineer who likes to use a variety of languages and tools? Do you have great API design skills? Are you excited by building and deploying cloud-based systems? Are you familiar with microservices architectures?
We have several teams devoted to account aggregation solutions that empower our customers to access and control their financial data regardless of which financial institutions or applications they use.
We are looking for exceptional polyglot Software Engineers at all levels to join our team. Our teams deliver high quality software quickly and embrace an ownership mentality – we build, test, deploy, and support our solutions. We typically ship code to our AWS production environments multiple times per week without any downtime.
If you take pride in your work, love to write code in multiple languages, know how to solve complex problems, and want to see your work used in production, please consider joining our team.
- Designing scalable systems and RESTful APIs
- Writing clean and concise code that is well-tested, easy to maintain, and consistent with existing patterns in our codebase
- Applying appropriate design patterns to given solutions and understanding the trade-offs between scope, quality, and cost
- Clearly communicate technical information to both developers and business stakeholders
- Be familiar with microservices architectures, messaging, loosely coupled design, NoSQL and relational databases, RESTful APIs, integration/load testing, and Agile/Kanban methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Military Experience
- At least 7 years of experience in software development including design, coding and testing
- At least 5 years of experience with high-availability distributed systems, multi-threaded applications, messaging and design patterns
- At least 5 years of Linux command line or scripting experience
- At least 3 years of experience with Java, Spring and JUnit
- At least 3 years of experience coding in a dynamic language
- At least 3 years of experience with database design and query optimization
- At least 1 year of experience deploying applications to AWS
- At least 1 year of experience producing and consuming REST APIs
- At least 1 year of experience with Git
- 3 years of experience with Python
- 3 years of experience with RabbitMQ or ActiveMQ
- 3 years of experience with Maven
- 2 years of experience with microservices architecture
- 1 year of experience with Guava
- 1 year of experience with Hystrix
- 1 year of experience with Redis
- Certified in AWS or MongoDB
**At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position** .
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.