Senior Software Engineer
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Richmond, VA, 23261, USA
Description: West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Senior Software Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a Capital One Senior Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
**As a TDM OneSource developer and QE you will:**
- Participate in agile ceremonies to develop enterprise data solutions by conferring with users, learning system/data flows and driving implementation of features.
- Leverage Technologies such as Office, Visual Studio 2013-2015, Github, JIRA, SQL Management Studio, DBVisulizer, Web Matrix , IIS, Mainframe Emulator Attachmate Extra, Postman, AWS
- Have responsibilities for implementing various planned software features on the team which slowly evolves to driving feature wide implementation of data solutions while working closely within the enterprise
- Associate will be working with multiple customers to bring their requirements into fruition as a visually pleasing and simple-to-use UI
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years’ experience in software development with C##, Java or any other OOP
- 2 year of experience with Stored Procedures, any RDBMS, NOSQL
- 2 year of experience with Enterprise APIs
- 2 year of experience with Design Thinking and Rapid Prototyping
- 2 year of experience in Agile practices.
**At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.**
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.