Small Business Credit Analyst
- Financial Services
Job Title: Small Business Credit Analyst
Location: Richmond, VA, 23261, USA
Description: West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Small Business Credit Analyst
Assess and analyze customer or applicant financial condition to evaluate credit worthiness and determine if additional financial and business information is required for processing. Examine and analyze financial statements, assessing business and personal reoccurring income, business sustainability, profitability and spend potential and perform a risk assessment. Will have direct high-touch customer contact via phone and email. Prepares detailed summaries, present facts and offer recommendations concerning credit worthiness to Senior Underwriter or Credit Officer for Small Business CARD high lines. Conducts quarterly and yearly assessments on all customers with credit lines above a pre-determined amount. Communicate risk insights throughout organization.
- Ensures compliance with established underwriting guidelines, policy and procedures as well as federal regulations
- Manage the inflow of all escalations for customer requested lines greater than $100k considering business and customer level exposure
- Review all pertinent credit information to determine if additional business and personal information including specified documents are required for processing
- Conduct extensive phone interviews gathering detailed business model and expected card usage data
- Analyze all documentation received from customer, accessing business and personal reoccurring income, business sustainability, profitability and existing and anticipated spend potential,
- Understand the business model, complete a guard rail template that evaluates internal risk guardrails and apply that to the final decision
- Prepares clear, concise written summary of analysis supporting a respective decision for small business line increases to include any deviations from the small business loan policy, procedures and guidelines
- Identify and mitigate key credit risks and decision to appropriate structures in order to reduce credit risk
-Maintain satisfactory level of portfolio delinquencies and charge-offs while meeting expectations of purchase volume
-High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent Certification or Military Experience
- At least 1 year of Commercial or Small Business underwriting experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Psychology, or Military Experience
- At least 2 years of Commercial or Small Business underwriting experience
-Omega Performance Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.