Software Engineer, Full Stack
Job Title: Software Engineer, Full Stack
Location: Vienna, VA, 22180, USA
Description: Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few. You will: - Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios - Continuously improve software engineering practices - Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies - Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions - Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community - Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in software development using Java/JSP/Node JS or similar technologies.
- At least 2 year of hands on experience with RESTful API or Micro service development using Spring.
- At least 1 year of experience working on Agile methodology.
- At least 1 year of experience with Linux/Shell scripting.
- At least 1 year of experience with CI-CD tools.
- At least 1 year of experience with GitHub or any other source control tool.
- 4 years’ experience in software development using Java/JSP/Node JS or similar technologies.
- 3 year of hands on experience with RESTful API or Micro service development using Spring.
- 1 years of experience with Linux/Shell scripting.
- 1 years of experience with CI-CD tools.
- 1 years of experience with GitHub or any other source control tool.
- 1 year of Performance engineering experience.
- 1 year of AWS Cloud, Docker and CHEF knowledge.
- 1 year of experience working with JMeter APIs.
**At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.**
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.