Software Engineer, Salesforce
Job Title: Software Engineer, Salesforce
Location: McLean, VA, 22106, USA
Description: 1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Software Engineer, Salesforce
We’re Capital One. Yep, the “What’s in your wallet?” people. But we are oh so much more than that. Did you know we’re a full service bank? Checking accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, and car loans. We could tell you more, but you’re going to check out our web site anyway, right?
Here are some of our favorites:
Capital One has a history of disrupting, and we are doing it again. We’re experimenting, innovating, and delivering really cool stuff to 65 million customers. We love to be curious, to dream, to ask, “What if?” Oh, and we love to write code.
Your commitment to learn new things is every bit as important to us as what you have already done. Maybe even more so because we don’t want to be doing the same thing tomorrow that we’re doing today. You accept change, want to grow, and evolve into a better member of the team.
The ideal candidate will be able to jump right into a software engineering role without much guidance. The individual should possess a strong passion, assertiveness, and adaptability to various technologies. This person needs to understand the technological buzzwords, not just say them. This person should have a focus on performance and needs to know how to build a complete application from the database to the front end with nothing more than a conceptual understanding and visual designs as needed. Candidate should have a passion for learning new technologies, innovating and driving change, and collaborating other developers.
- Full Stack Engineer capable of designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating test and deployment using salesforce platform
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and design teams
- Collaborating with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
- Enforcing existing process guidelines; drives new processes, guidelines, team rules, and best practices.
- Mentor and raise the game or teammates in all areas
- Full participation in the Agile Scrum process including speaking up and giving your opinion!
- Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and pitch in on story tasks (design, code, test, CI/CD, deploy, etc)
- Able to research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
- You’re a tinkerer and love technology; you like hackathons and innovation sprints!
**Position Provides Technical Exposure To:**
- Salesforce Lightning and Salesforce1
- Snaplogic as an ETL Platform
- DevOps/Platforms: Amazon Web Service (S3, RDS, EC2, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, etc)
- Automation Testing: Selenium, Cucumber, ATDD, Protractor, Karma, Automated Performance and Regression/Functional Testing
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Force.com metadata deployment
- Build/SCM Tools: Ant, Maven, GitHub
- At least 2 years of Software Development experience
- 1 year exposure to Salesforce.com platform.
- 2 years of experience Visualforce, APEX and Salesforce.com administration.
- 2 years of experience with any RDBMS database.
- Salesforce Certified Developer or Administrator.
_This is a mid to senior-level position located in Mclean, VA. It is permanent and full-time, beginning as soon as we find the right person._
_At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position._
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.