Software Engineer, Salesforce
Job Title: Software Engineer, Salesforce
Location: McLean, VA, 22106, USA
Description: 1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Software Engineer, Salesforce
Sling code – Meet interesting people – Change the world Seriously! Join us – a transformative, leading-edge technology company, AND do something good! Capital One (Yes, that “what’s in your wallet?” Capital One), is on a quest to change banking for good. We will help our customers succeed, by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to Investing. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
We experiment and innovate, leveraging the latest technologies, and engineer breakthrough customer experiences. We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?”.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You will drive the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release support in an agile application development environment. You will execute on engineering and release priorities successfully through strong leadership and communication. Whether a bug fix or an awesome feature, you will own your work and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions. You’ll achieve this ambitious goal by working within a nimble, autonomous, cross-functional Agile team, composed of software engineers, designers, and digital product management. You will use state-of-the art methods for working backwards from customers including: Design Thinking, Design Sprints, and LEAN.
- Full Stack Engineer capable of designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating test and deployment using salesforce platform
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and design teams
- Collaborating with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
- Enforcing existing process guidelines; drives new processes, guidelines, team rules, and best practices.
- Mentor and raise the game or teammates in all areas
- Full participation in the Agile Scrum process including speaking up and giving your opinion!
- Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and pitch in on story tasks (design, code, test, CI/CD, deploy, etc)
- Able to research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
- You’re a tinkerer and love technology; you like hackathons and innovation sprints!
**Position Provides Technical Exposure To:**
- Salesforce Lightning and Salesforce1
- Snaplogic as an ETL Platform
- DevOps/Platforms: Amazon Web Service (S3, RDS, EC2, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, etc)
- Automation Testing: Selenium, Cucumber, ATDD, Protractor, Karma, Automated Performance and Regression/Functional Testing
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Force.com metadata deployment
- Build/SCM Tools: Ant, Maven, GitHub
- At least 2 years of Software Development experience
- 1 year exposure to Salesforce.com platform.
- 2 years of experience Visualforce, APEX and Salesforce.com administration.
- 2 years of experience with any RDBMS database.
- Salesforce Certified Developer or Administrator.
_This is a mid to senior-level position located in Mclean, VA. It is permanent and full-time, beginning as soon as we find the right person._
_At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position._
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.