Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Vienna, VA, 22180, USA
Description: Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Are you a lead software engineer that thrives in a vibrant, innovative and collaborative team? A master coder who has passion and a desire to remain hands-on in a rapid, dynamic environment? Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a lead engineer, you will own technology agenda for Enterprise APIs using latest open source frameworks and cloud computing like Tomcat, Spring, Jersey, AWS, Docker, Chef, Ansible and many more for CICD and DevOps pipelines.
- Be a technology evangelist and thought leader
- Own technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs
- Proactive monitoring of applications and services
- Perform complex engineering activities for performance tuning and monitoring
- Identifying gaps and taking actions to completion
- Able to break down problems in production environment to analyze, understand and resolve
- Understands how evolving technology affects domain; stays current and leads team through new technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 10 years of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience using Java EE technologies for Middleware and Backend Integration
- At least 5 years of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring and Jersey or similar frameworks and deploying on public cloud
- At least 3 Year experience in Database technologies SQL, No-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- At least 5 years of experience in leading and managing other Engineers on large-scale projects
C, C++, and Golang Software programming experience is highly preferred.
- 5 years experience in Cloud technologies AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 5 years experience in Build and CICD technologies SVN, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
- 5 Years experience in Quality Assurance technologies ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, SoapUI or Postman
- 5 years experience in Unix Shell Scripting
- 5 years experience of Tuning, Performance Testing and Production Monitoring using tools HP Diagnostics, JMeter, Splunk, BlueStripe, CloudWatch or Zabbix
- 5 years experience with scripting languages Ruby, Python or Perl
- 5 years experience with Agile methodologies Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban
- Certified in Java, Spring or AWS
- Contributed to Open-Source or public GitHub project
Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.