Sr Associate, Accounting
- Accounting & Finance
Job Title: Sr Associate, Accounting
Location: Richmond, VA, 23261, USA
Description: West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Sr Associate, Accounting
Does the idea of working with professional, highly trained accountants inspire you? Are you an accounting professional with a demonstrated ability to work well in teams, develop new ideas, and take ownership of your projects? Would you like the opportunity to individually contribute to the team, along with the opportunity to grow into a leader? Would you like to work in a collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded, all while having a work-life balance? If so, opportunities for professional and personal fulfillment in a dynamic, progressive organization await you at Capital One!
The Home Loans Accounting team within Capital One is looking for a Senior Accountant who shares these values and seeks continual growth and challenge while marching to an up-tempo beat.
* Act as liaison with business partners for accounting matters related to non-performing loans including charge-off & REO related activities. Work with Project teams, Line of Business & Risk Management to drive new initiatives impacting the loan default and recoveries.
* Maintain Documentation of multiple Logic used in Loss Recovery Automation (LRA) processes to record financial statement results.
* Develop and enhance analytics for default loan metrics including business drivers and variance to forecast.
* Identify and drive process efficiencies including tracking key metrics, identifying glitches, and making continuous improvements.
* Perform month-end closing and financial reporting processes timely and accurately.
* Ensure monthly journal entries and reconciliations are appropriately performed and recorded in general ledger
* Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting for internal and external reporting as well as various ad-hoc analysis.
* Oversee work performed by offshore team members in support of Charge Off and REO activities.
* Participate in various cross functional Financial Services and Controllers Group initiatives.
You will also work with an outstanding team to identify issues and collaborate on recommended solutions. You will have the opportunity to be involved in progressive project work with exposure to senior management and various departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of accounting experience, or at least 2 years of finance experience, or at least 2 years of audit experience
**Preferred Qualifications** :
- 3+ years of accounting experience, or 3+ years of finance experience, or 3+ years of audit experience
- 2+ years of experience working in banking or a financial institution
- CPA Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.