Sr. Manager, Data Analytics
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Data Analytics
Location: Richmond, VA, 23261, USA
Description: West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Sr. Manager, Data Analytics
**Senior Manager, Data Analytics**
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we were a tiny startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and that little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
Twenty-five years after Capital One was started it’s still led by its founder. Be ready to join a community of the smartest people you’ve ever met, who put the customer first, and want to use their data skills to make a difference.
As a Senior Manager within Enterprise Model Risk, Analytics, and Data (EMRAD), you will partner cross-functionally with teams throughout the company to validate business impacting analytical tools. You will enhance your technical and analytical skills, while also working with leaders to influence business strategies. With a network of hundreds of Data Analysts, Quants, and Data Scientists, challenging projects with an eye on the bottom line and a focus on work/life balance, we’ve created a dynamic environment with plenty of room for you to learn, grow, and realize your full potential.
**On a given day you will be:**
+ Refining a new Enterprise-wide analytical tools validation framework
+ Planning and executing validation projects
+ Assessing the quality and risk of analytical tool methodologies across Capital One, and the nature of tools usage within those processes
+ Validating tools at tool initiation and during the annual inventory update
+ Ensuring timely and accurate reporting of all EUCs in scope
+ Understanding technical issues in analytical tools and assessing tools risks and opportunities
+ Independently researching, identifying, and prototyping industry best practices for emerging analytical tools
+ Communicating results clearly and concisely both verbally and through written communications via validation reports and presentations
+ Leveraging education, colleagues and training opportunities to develop solutions to business problems
+ Coaching and mentoring junior staff
An ideal candidate will possess strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities in addition to communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. This position will be in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you will be handling multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of experience with professional data analysis
- At least 2 years of experience with open source data technologies
- Master’s Degree or Doctorate in a Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or a related field
- At least 7 years of experience in statistical or econometrics hands-on work
- At least 5 years of experience manipulating and performing analysis with large data sets
- At least 5 years of experience in financial services industry
- At least 5 years of experience in developing statistical models
- At least 5 years of experience developing econometric models
- At least 5 years of experience in validating statistical models
- At least 5 years of experience validatingeconometric models
- At least 2 years of experience with data governance
- At least 2 years of experience with predictive analytics
**Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.**
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.