Sr. Manager, Quantitative Analysis
- Financial Services
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Quantitative Analysis
Location: McLean, VA, 22106, USA
Description: McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Sr. Manager, Quantitative Analysis
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, is one of the largest, most analytically sophisticated Financial Services providers in the world. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
Expertise in quantitative analysis is central to our success in all these markets. Our 100+ modelers thrive in a culture of mutual respect, excellence and innovation. We have several opportunities available for top-notch quantitative professionals.
This position is part of Capital One’s Risk Management division. Successful candidates will partner cross-functionally with business throughout the company to deliver breakthrough analytical solutions to support a winning strategy in a continually changing business environment.
• Lead the development, enhancement and implementation of statistical and other quantitative models to support loss forecasting, Basel and economic capital calculations, and other business applications
• Understand technical issues in econometric and statistical modeling and apply these skills toward solving business problems
• Full ownership of the model development process and relationship with the business customer: from conceptualization through data exploration, model selection and validation, implementation, business user training and support
• Develop model monitoring plan, monitor statistical model performance, and provide technical guidance to business leadership
• Identify opportunities to apply quantitative methods to improve business performance
• Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely to individuals from various backgrounds
• Develop quantitative modeling competencies of others within the same line of business. Teach and Mentor quantitative modelers
**Basic Qualifications: **
• Master's Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Operations Research
• At least 5 years’ experience in Statistical or Econometrics hands-on work
• At least 2 years' experience with leading credit risk modeling or consumer behavior modeling
• At least 1 year of experience using SAS
**Preferred Qualifications: **
• Master's Degree or Doctorate in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Operations Research
• 7+ years’ experience in Statistical hands-on work
• 7+ years’ experience manipulating and performing analysis with large databases
• 5+ years’ experience in Credit Card Risk Modeling or 5+ years' experience in Mortgage Risk Modeling
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.