Sr. Manager-Software Engineering, DevOps
Job Title: Sr. Manager-Software Engineering, DevOps
Location: Richmond, VA, 23261, USA
Description: West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Sr. Manager-Software Engineering, DevOps
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment that values diversity of thought and ideas where people from a variety of backgrounds guided by our shared Values come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry.
We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
Capital One is actively seeking experienced Lead Software Engineers with expertise in leading teams on complex and high priority technology projects for new innovations, process improvements, or operations. The primary responsibility of the Lead Engineer is to lead the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems. In addition, he/she will provide functional, technical, and/or process leadership. Successful candidates will have experience as a senior software engineer, as well as managing software designers and developers through project design, development and delivery.
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Perform complex applications programming activities. Codes, tests, debugs.
- Drive tactical delivery for multiple teams.
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs.
- Manage standard system processes and enhancements to system. Ensure that solution design adheres to good software design practices. Accountable for overall solution design quality
- Ensure adherence to defined Software Development Life cycle and Architecture strategy and intent.
- Provide functional, technical, and/or process leadership. .
- Work with business systems analysts, project managers, and customers to understand the scope of work, priorities, and requirements for development.
- Work with performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues.
- Manage associate/contractor development resources.
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, compliance, and HR.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs.
- Contribute to defining time tables and project plans
- Analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solution.
- Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent certification, or military experience
- At least 2 years’ experience with AWS, Cloud
- At least 2 years’ experience Managing API Gateway
- At least 2 years’ experience with RESTful APIs
- At least 4 years’ experience Jenkins, Chef
- At least 8 years’ experience in software development
- At least 5 years’ experience as lead or manager within software development projects
- At least 2 years’ experience as people manager
- At least 3 years of experience in design and coding applications in Java, Python or Nodejs
-At least 3 years of experience working in a Linux/Unix/Windows
- At least 1 year of experience implementing DevOps practices at scale
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems
- 5 years’ experience with Java, Tomcat and Spring framework
- 5 years’ experience Rest API, API Testing
- 5 years’ experience Maven and GitHub
- 5 years’ experience in UNIX Scripting
- 2 years’ experience in Apache Web Server
- 2 years’ experience with AngularJS
- 2 years’ experience with NodeJs
- 2 years’ experience with Bootstrap and other UI frameworks
- 2 years’ experience with UI testing frameworks
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Principal Software Systems Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Capital One Jobs