Sr. Manager, Technical Analytics
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Technical Analytics
Location: Vienna, VA, 22180, USA
Description: Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Sr. Manager, Technical Analytics
Senior Manager, Technical Analytics
As a Senior Leader on the Data Intelligence team, you will lead a Full Stack Data Engineering Team to build a fast data and machine learning platform scalable to solve diverse business problems. We envision, create, deploy, and solutions powered by streaming big data, state of the art machine learning, micro-service architecture, and intuitive visualizations in the cloud. You will shape the vision, as well as productionalize how to wrangle Capital One’ big fast data seas and rivers leveraging cutting edge machine learning algorithms to derive game changing insights. We are highly technical with strong backgrounds in what we do.
In this role, you and your team will be building a streaming data pipeline which leverages ML on top of time series oriented IoT data to provide capabilities which enable 24/7 “always on” service to internal and external customers. We are a full stack development shop, have the highest executive support, and our work directly impacts our customer experience and bottom line.
Who you are:
• You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
• Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
• You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
• It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and / or open source contributions you are proud to share
• You use, or are passionate about learning, and implementing complex systems to further customer goals. Implementing complex data structures or optimizing distributed machine learning deployments is something that you're excited about.
What we have:
• Flexible work schedules
• Convenient office locations
• Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
• A startup mindset with the wallet and resources of a top 10 bank
• Monthly innovation challenges dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
• Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
At least 2 years of experience writing production code with either Java, Scala or Python
At least 4 years of experience working with data pipelines
At least 1 year of experience with AWS, specifically S3, EC2, and EMR
At least 2 years of combined experience with the following technologies: Spark, Scala, Akka, Cassandra, Accumulo, Hbase, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO, MongoDB, or Mesos
At least 2 years of experience working with Machine Learning frameworks and Data Science methodologies
At least 3 years of experience in working on and delivering research oriented data driven problems
At least 1 year of experience working with machine learning like SciKit-Learn, MLLib, or Theano, in production environments
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.