Sr Software Engineer
Job Title: Sr Software Engineer
Location: Richmond, VA, 23261, USA
Description: West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Sr Software Engineer
As a member of the Consumer Identity team at Capital One, you’ll drive the company’s transformation into the modern, digital age by building solutions to secure the platform through which the next generation of our capabilities will be made available to our Customers and Consumers. We are actively seeking a rock star Software Engineer to help with the technical design and development of a suite of applications that will make it possible for external parties to consume our web/mobile solutions as well as APIs securely – a classic challenge of balancing usability with security, keeping bad guys out and letting the good guys in.
You’ll have the opportunity to work for a feature team that provides end-to-end solutions in the consumer identity domain. This involves churning out REST APIs that have multiple integration points and working with image processing, geo location software, DevOps tools and the latest technologies. You will be exposed to real problems and be challenged to find solutions by writing code and collaborating heavily with business and technology partners.You will be providing functional and technical expertise to your team and other teams who will look to you for guidance and assistance. You will be a key member of the Consumer Identity team tasked with building next generation of Capital One Security Frameworks.
- Do an awesome job influencing or consuming architecture, driving design and development using Java/J2EE frameworks and RESTFul APIs with a strong understanding of OAuth 2.0.
- Bring your experience in API lifecycle and associated SDLC to life
- Put your hands-on experience in scripting / tooling automation with github, AWS/AWS CLI, and Jenkins to use
- Drive and own technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform applications
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems, and determine priority of needs
- Follow and recommend improvements where needed in SDLC, software design practices
- Use and recommend improvements in company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, and compliance
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions
- Partner with QA organization to automate the heck out of everything you do to make sure testing is done effortlessly
- Knowledge/Experience in working in Amazon web services environment
- Working knowledge of mobile development ios/android
- Working knowledge of integration with multiple API’s/backend services
- Working Experience with Git/Maven/Jenkins
- Experience in highly scalable applications
- Good grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Contribution on open source/stack exchange community
- Experience working with cross-functional business and technology teams
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of software development experience in Java
- At least 2 years of Rest API development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Bachelor's degree in Information Technology
- 3 years of experience with Spring MVC framework
- 3 years of experience in back end data base MySQL OR 3 years of experience in back end data base Oracle OR 3 years of experience in back end data base DB2
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.