Sr. Technical Writer
- Financial Services
- Arts & Entertainment
- Banking/Financial Services
- Internet/New Media
Job Title: Sr. Technical Writer
Location: Vienna, VA, 22180, USA
Description: 201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
Sr. Technical Writer
Capital One is seeking technical writers to help document business-critical APIs on our world-class internal and external API portals. Your documentation will be the key to empowering internal and external developers to build great apps on top of Capital One APIs.
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We are a Top-10 bank by deposits, a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally-recognized brand (what’s in your wallet?) that reaches tens of millions of consumers all rolled into one. Capital One is committed to building great APIs, and this is a high-impact role that will move the business forward.
The right candidates will have a love of technology and a way with language – if you’re curious and you can write, we can teach you the rest. Preferred candidates will have some experience in a software development environment, some familiarity with one or more programming languages (Java, Python, Ruby, Angular … take your pick), and some knowledge of APIs. Ideal candidates will have all of the above PLUS some knowledge of REST APIs and the API industry in general.
Your job will be to create easy-to-understand documentation, tutorials, and other critical technical material related to Capital One APIs, and publish it on our internal and external API portals (take a look at our external portal at https://developer.capitalone.com ). You will work across teams to gather information on business intent and technical implementation, and use it to create a comprehensive document that makes an API easy for a developer to use. Juggling multiple projects and driving their successful and timely completion is your forte. You welcome technical challenges, and you strive to develop industry-leading products that create a great user experience. Specifically, you will:
+ Design and organize documentation (including tutorials and reference guides) for new and existing APIs (both external and internal), and provide documentation as needed for additional projects (SDKs, sets of business rules, open source projects, internal tooling, etc).
+ Coordinate and contribute to meetings with subject matter experts (SMEs) and stakeholders
+ Serve as a coach and advisor to internal teams providing their own API (or other) documentation
+ Contribute to in-progress Standard Operating Procedures for technical writing within the product and engineering organizations
+ Have excellent writing skills: a true facility with the language, a good sense of how to break complex topics into easier-to-understand elements, and a strong ability to teach using the written word.
+ Have strong communication and collaboration skills; ability to achieve consensus and keep things moving.
+ Have the ability to work accurately and completely in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and changeable priorities
Help us grow our team into the one-stop shop for all of Capital One’s technical documentation needs!
+ Bachelor’s degree;
+ At least 3 years technical writing experience
+ Master’s degree
+ 5+ years’ technical writing experience
+ 1+ year of programming language experience
+ 1+ year in financial services
At this time Capital One will not sponsor candidates for employment
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Technical Writer Jobs
- View more Healthcare/Medical Jobs
- View more Financial Services Jobs
- View more Arts & Entertainment Jobs
- View more Computers/IT/Technology Jobs
- View more Banking/Financial Services Jobs
- View more Internet/New Media Jobs
- View more Publishing/Printing Jobs
- View more Science/Biotech/Pharmaceutical Jobs
- View more Capital One Jobs
View More Jobs in Vienna, VA:
- View more jobs in Vienna, Virginia
- Technical Writer jobs in Vienna, Virginia
- Healthcare/Medical jobs in Vienna, Virginia
- Financial Services jobs in Vienna, Virginia
- Arts & Entertainment jobs in Vienna, Virginia
- Computers/IT/Technology jobs in Vienna, Virginia
- Banking/Financial Services jobs in Vienna, Virginia
- Internet/New Media jobs in Vienna, Virginia
- Publishing/Printing jobs in Vienna, Virginia
- Science/Biotech/Pharmaceutical jobs in Vienna, Virginia
- Capital One jobs in Vienna, Virginia
View More Jobs in VA:
- View more jobs in Virginia
- Technical Writer jobs in Virginia
- Healthcare/Medical jobs in Virginia
- Financial Services jobs in Virginia
- Arts & Entertainment jobs in Virginia
- Computers/IT/Technology jobs in Virginia
- Banking/Financial Services jobs in Virginia
- Internet/New Media jobs in Virginia
- Publishing/Printing jobs in Virginia
- Science/Biotech/Pharmaceutical jobs in Virginia
- Capital One jobs in Virginia